THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE codex Faq

Go down 
+40
Dark Elf Dave
RedRegicide
Korazell
Gherma
mynamelegend
TeenageAngst
Count Adhemar
PFI
Malakree
Creeping Darkness
PlayableNPC
docdoom77
Sarkesian
Rusty293
Kantalla
ursvamp
AzraeI
dumpeal
Crazy_Ivan
Quauchtemoc
TheBaconPope
withershadow
Myrvn
Ubernoob1
Gelmir
Zuriaxis
GreyArea
Dalamar
CptMetal
The Strange Dark One
Soulless Samurai
Lord Asvaldir
Squidmaster
Bad-baden-baden
Rodi Sikni
The Red King
Archon_91
Mppqlmd
Burnage
amishprn86
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

DE codex Faq - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:46

At 1000pts, you can't even have 3

Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:50

Wait, the archon has to be on the battlefield for the CPs back roll... Does that mean if he's in a transport we can't roll?

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:51

Codex approval rating: 95%
85%
75%
65%
55%

Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:52

Codex approval rating : 95%

FAQ approval rating : 0%

XD

Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:58

Mppqlmd wrote:
Codex approval rating : 95%

FAQ approval rating : 0%

XD

I had a list I thought was really fun and really strong. It used all of my favorite models, and I was finally happy with DE flavour and playstyle. The Codex was 95% in my eyes.
It also used Raiding Party.

Now people who have no idea about DE are telling me that it's totally fine to run the standard detachments. The fact that most subfactions have no more than 5 units for some reason doesn't matter...
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:03

See, whilst the FAQ is stupid and a pain, there was some terrible design in the codex that set us up for this.
- Archons having to be on the field would be fine if they could take Wings/Jetbikes
- Being limited to 2 of each HQ would be okay if each subfaction wasn't limited to a pathetic 1 non-special-character HQ.

The Court thing is just moronic, though.

Zuriaxis
Slave
Zuriaxis

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:06

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Codex approval rating: 95%
85%
75%
65%
55%

Pretty much we're going to have to used combined arms and mixed subfactions at 1500-2000+ to avoid the tourney tax. It's a small price to pay to avoid spam from other armies, because we're able to field what we like decently anyway. I'd say we can off pretty well aside from the Raiding Party nonsense.

We're being incentivised to play with more troops and transports, and we're a mechanized force that does that exact thing anyway. Agreed on the Court aspect as well, we should be able to field what we like on that front.
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:13

Well crap. I just got a Farseer Skyrunner as an HQ for my Outrider detachment, since Drukhari have no HQ that even remotely keeps up with my Reavers. That's 26 euro's down the drain, because now I am suddenly not allowed to use it anymore. :/

Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:19

So what it's worth: The limited datasheets per army is listed under the "recommendations for organized events." Now for those who do play in tournaments or have gaming groups that strictly abide by tournament rules, I am sorry. :/ All I can say is I hope it ends up impacting the tournament lists most people hate to see more than the one's we want to field.

I just felt like it should be made clear just in case that those rules are not listed under the official match play rules that anyone using matched play should be using.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:43

For Ynnari... All the models gain Ynnari, so they can still have a mixed detachment... So I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run Kabalites and Dire Avengers in the same Detachment...
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:44

amishprn86 wrote:
Dalamar wrote:
You now cannot run multiple battalion detachments of cabals, coven, or cults unless you use named characters. Cannot have 4 Archons, ect.

Thats stupid lol

Keep in mind guys those are BETA rules, not officially in use yet, just out for experimenting. It would be annoying to see them implemented, but can't be sure they will be.

Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:48

Myrvn wrote:
For Ynnari... All the models gain Ynnari, so they can still have a mixed detachment... So I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run Kabalites and Dire Avengers in the same Detachment...

Aeldari and Ynnari don't count as sharable faction keywords now, so Kabalites and Dire Avengers wouldn't make a legal detachment because they don't have any keywords in common.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:50

If they gain Ynnari, they share Ynnari... Right?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:53

Myrvn wrote:

The new Battle Brother rule reads;

Quote :
All of the units in each Detachment in your Battle-forged army must have at least one Faction keyword in common. In addition, this keyword cannot be Chaos, Imperium, Aeldari, Ynnari or Tyranids, unless the Detachment in question is a Fortification Network. This has no effect on your Army Faction.

Interestingly that looks like it's preventing Genestealer Cult and Tyranid lists, which I didn't notice before. No more Guard/Cult/Tyranid lists!

Last edited by Burnage on Mon Apr 16 2018, 20:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:53

Lord Asvaldir wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:
Dalamar wrote:
You now cannot run multiple battalion detachments of cabals, coven, or cults unless you use named characters. Cannot have 4 Archons, ect.

Thats stupid lol

Keep in mind guys those are BETA rules, not officially in use yet, just out for experimenting. It would be annoying to see them implemented, but can't be sure they will be.

I know, but for tournaments it will be used and i was thinking of running more of them, and as mostly kabals, will just go with my 2nd list then.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:55

Hmm. I missed that last part. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:56

Burnage wrote:
Myrvn wrote:

Quote :
All of the units in each Detachment in your Battle-forged army must have at least one Faction keyword in common. In addition, this keyword cannot be Chaos, Imperium, Aeldari, Ynnari or Tyranids, unless the Detachment in question is a Fortification Network. This has no effect on your Army Faction.

Interestingly that looks like it's preventing Genestealer Cult and Tyranid lists, which I didn't notice before. No more Guard/Cult/Tyranid lists!

They have a rule in the index that says they can

Nvrm i thought the faq added the Tyranids in it but it doesnt it

Brood Brother Rules:

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:58

amishprn86 wrote:
Burnage wrote:
Myrvn wrote:

Quote :

They have a rule in the index that says they can

Ugh, ignore me. Getting confused between detachment and army restrictions.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:58

Read my edited

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:59

Edit 2: They faq it already saying it

Q: Can I have a Battle-forged army that consists of one
Detachment of Genestealer Cults, one Detachment of
Astra Militarum (using the Brood Brothers rule) and one
Detachment of Tyranids
?
A: Yes.

Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:05

I am happy except for Raiding Party being obsolete and our very narrow stable of HQ choices.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:06

Gelmir wrote:
Well crap. I just got a Farseer Skyrunner as an HQ for my Outrider detachment, since Drukhari have no HQ that even remotely keeps up with my Reavers. That's 26 euro's down the drain, because now I am suddenly not allowed to use it anymore. :/
yes you can. It’s per detachment.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:10

Quote :
yes you can. It’s per detachment.

I think they were referring to using it as the HQ for a Reaver Outrider. Which is now illegal. So, now that detachment requires a succubus, and to run the Farseer, you have to dedicate an entire detachment and a command point.

Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:22

What is the problem with that faq ? I dont understand all the salt
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:29

Dalamar wrote:

It's a bit stupid we now can't run 2 batallions of kabal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE codex Faq
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours