THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE codex Faq

Go down 
+40
Dark Elf Dave
RedRegicide
Korazell
Gherma
mynamelegend
TeenageAngst
Count Adhemar
PFI
Malakree
Creeping Darkness
PlayableNPC
docdoom77
Sarkesian
Rusty293
Kantalla
ursvamp
AzraeI
dumpeal
Crazy_Ivan
Quauchtemoc
TheBaconPope
withershadow
Myrvn
Ubernoob1
Gelmir
Zuriaxis
GreyArea
Dalamar
CptMetal
The Strange Dark One
Soulless Samurai
Lord Asvaldir
Squidmaster
Bad-baden-baden
Rodi Sikni
The Red King
Archon_91
Mppqlmd
Burnage
amishprn86
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

DE codex Faq - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:41

Mppqlmd wrote:
At least T. A. has interesting lists, a hilarious SOB/Dark Eldar house-fluff and makes valid points about the game.

So much this.

Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:42

Only thing that I'm not in favor of is the 3 max use of a data sheet at 2k points. What if I wanted to take an airwing of 4 razorwing jetfighters? Or a Kabal patrol and Cult patrol with 2 RWJF in each? Kind of a bummer. other than that I'm fine with everything.

As far as Battalions and Brigades go, there is nothing stopping you from mixing the entire faction in them. You will just not get the bonus of Obsessions. So basically you're playing Index DE. I may do that from time to time.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:43

Take 3 razors and a bomber for variety?

AzraeI wrote:
Quote :
Now I have a thorough list of posters (here and elsewhere) who I know I can ignore entirely.

am i on your list ? Very Happy
I didn’t notice you arguing for every other model bombers or flayed skull transports giving ignore cover and rerolls to non flayed skull units. Or combat drugs not being able to be rolled or chosen per unit.

Plus you’d normally get at least one pass for the avatar. But the list has no quotas, lots of room for more if you’d like to be added. Smile
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:46

withershadow wrote:
Take 3 razors and a bomber for variety?

AzraeI wrote:
Quote :
Now I have a thorough list of posters (here and elsewhere) who I know I can ignore entirely.

am i on your list ? Very Happy
I didn’t notice you arguing for every other model bombers or flayed skull transports giving ignore cover and rerolls to non flayed skull units. Or combat drugs not being able to be rolled or chosen per unit.

Plus you’d normally get at least one pass for the avatar. But the list has no quotas, lots of room for more if you’d like to be added. Smile

please, you can do whatever the hell you want in this beautiful spaceport full of murderers and psychopaths, and isnt that the reason why we are all here?

Post edited. Let's keep religion out of it please - Count Adhemar
Back to top Go down
docdoom77
Slave
docdoom77

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:50

I'm mostly just salty that Raiding Party is just worse than a battalion now. I had my army list just right, but now I have to re-jigger it and take a second worthless Archon.
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:57

Hey guys, Agents of Vect didn't get faq'd. Guess every drukhari army can use it! Just as Planned by Vect himself
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:59

docdoom77 wrote:
I'm mostly just salty that Raiding Party is just worse than a battalion now.  I had my army list just right, but now I have to re-jigger it and take a second worthless Archon.
Is an extra two CP’s “worthless”? Then keep using Raiding Party.
Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:01

docdoom77 wrote:
I'm mostly just salty that Raiding Party is just worse than a battalion now.  I had my army list just right, but now I have to re-jigger it and take a second worthless Archon.

Literally exactly the same for me. I have never been more content with a list, but now I need to somehow fit in another Archon.
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:01

PFI wrote:
Hey guys, Agents of Vect didn't get faq'd. Guess every drukhari army can use it! Just as Planned by Vect himself

You must include a detachment of the Kabal of the Black Heart.

Q: Is it possible to use a Stratagem from one codex to target a
unit from another?
A: Yes, so long as the unit the Stratagem is being used on
has the appropriate keywords (note that the Stratagems
in Codex: Chaos Daemons and Codex: Tyranids are specific
exceptions to this, as discussed in the relevant FAQs
and Errata).
For example, you can use the Tide of Traitors Stratagem
from Codex: Chaos Space Marines on a unit of Cultists
from a Death Guard Detachment (from Codex:
Death Guard) if your army has both an Alpha Legion
Detachment and a Death Guard Detachment in a
single Battle-forged army.
Also note that the only requirement to have access
to Stratagems is that you have a Detachment of the
appropriate Faction.
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

I'm confused on this Agents of Vect being used by everyone. Doesn't it say "Kabal of the Blackheart Stratagem"? How does this allow any Drukhari army the right to use it?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:03

Sarkesian wrote:
I'm confused on this Agents of Vect being used by everyone. Doesn't it say "Kabal of the Blackheart Stratagem"? How does this allow any Drukhari army the right to use it?

Because the only rule provided in the Codex about how to unlock Stratagems is "Have a Drukhari detachment."

Even with that FAQ example, I'd argue that the appropriate faction remains "Drukhari", not "Kabal of the Black Heart".
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:05

Everyone has to pay their dues to the Supreme Overlord and Living Dark Muse, because his spies are everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:06

That doesn't seem right to me. It says on the stratagem "Kabal of the Black Heart" meaning it can only be used when you have a Kabal of the Black Hearts detachment. Every obsession got their own stratagem, why would their's be universal?
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:07

Burnage wrote:
Sarkesian wrote:

Because the only rule provided in the Codex about how to unlock Stratagems is "Have a Drukhari detachment."

Even with that FAQ example, I'd argue that the appropriate faction remains "Drukhari", not "Kabal of the Black Heart".

The appropriate faction is Kabal of the Black Heart because is which is wrote on the stratagem, so you need a kabal of the Black Heart Detachment.

If just were needed Drukhari keyword, the stratagem would be Drukhari Stratagem, like the 23 stratagem of the codex with that keyword

Last edited by Rodi Sikni on Mon Apr 16 2018, 23:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:07

Rodi Sikni wrote:
PFI wrote:

You must include a detachment of the Kabal of the Black Heart.

Q: Is it possible to use a Stratagem from one codex to target a
unit from another?
A: Yes, so long as the unit the Stratagem is being used on
has the appropriate keywords (note that the Stratagems
in Codex: Chaos Daemons and Codex: Tyranids are specific
exceptions to this, as discussed in the relevant FAQs
and Errata).

For example, you can use the Tide of Traitors Stratagem
from Codex: Chaos Space Marines on a unit of Cultists
from a Death Guard Detachment (from Codex:
Death Guard) if your army has both an Alpha Legion
Detachment and a Death Guard Detachment in a
single Battle-forged army.
Also note that the only requirement to have access
to Stratagems is that you have a Detachment of the
appropriate Faction.

Uhh that's wrong. How this works is say you have a model like magnus who was a demon and you also had a demons detachment with models like bloodthirsters. Now you can sue a strat on magnus from the demons codex as long as that strat said a demon or something like that. Now magnus was fixed to have a different keyword to prevent that but that is where this faq applies. You don't need kabal of the black heart to enable agents of vect. There is no appropriate keyword required to use it unlike all the other ones. It doesn't matter if it is a "kabal of the black heart stratagem" It just matters that it doesn't require you to use it based on a kabal of the black heart unit
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:08

Is Tide of Traitors an Alpha Legion stratagem? If so, they are at least hinting you need all keywords to unlock a detachment rather than just the overall faction keyword.

Back to top Go down
PlayableNPC
Hellion
PlayableNPC

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:09

I’ll probably still play it as black heart exclusive.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:10

Kantalla wrote:
Is Tide of Traitors an Alpha Legion stratagem? If so, they are at least hinting you need all keywords to unlock a detachment rather than just the overall faction keyword.

Nope, it's a general CSM stratagem.

I will say that I think Agents of Vect should be restricted to getting unlocked by a Black Heart detachment. I just don't think the rules as they currently stand support that, even after this FAQ.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:11

PlayableNPC wrote:
I’ll probably still play it as black heart exclusive.

Because what's the point in playing a game when you try bending the rules so hard you make it look like the american senate. ^^

Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:12

Rodi Sikni wrote:
Burnage wrote:

The appropriate faction is Kabal of the Black Heart because is which is wrote on the stratagem, so you need a kabal of the Black Heart Detachment.

If just were needed Drukhari keyword, the stratagem would be Drukhari Stratagem, like the 23 stratagem of the codex with that keyword

Still not correct here. The stratagems in the drukhari codex can all be used as long as you have a drukhari detachment.

If your army is Battle-forged and includes any Drukhari Detachments (excluding Auxiliary Support Detachments), you have
access to the Stratagems shown here, meaning you can spend Command Points to activate them. These help to reflect the
unique strategies used by the Drukhari on the battlefield.

I spend command points to activate agents of vect because i can because its listed there. Did i follow the rules? yes. Did I follow the restrictions provided by the stratagem itself? Yes. I
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:13

They said as much in the community article, but Ynnari Singing Spears have been using Biel Tann stratagem this entire tournament season, something GW is very aware of, and they chose to leave it as is. It sounds weird but that’s how it is written.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:13

No-one is being “forced” to use, or not use, any detachment from this FAQ. You can still play Raiding Party, you can still play Battalion, and even multiple Battalions. It’s just that the trade offs have changed slightly.

Want multiple factions? Take a Raiding Party. Get 7 CPs, just like before.

Want more CPs, and fewer factions? Take the battalion, and maybe some other detachment too. Yep, you can still do that.

Want two Kabalite Battalions? Take Drazhar and you’re good... if you don’t think Drazhar is worth 5 CPs, just take a different detachment.

Want three Kabalite detachments? Throw in some Harmonculus or Succubus HQs. Sure, the third detachment won’t benefit from any Obsessions, but you can still do it, and depending on what you put in it it might not even matter too much.

The choices are still there. The calculus of which is “best” has changed, but remember, “best” should be taken as “best for you”. There is no objective best. Don’t get hung up on it.

You are free to choose, now as before.

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Malakree
Slave
Malakree

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:18

Question regarding Kabalite Trueborn.

If we take a unit of them with Shredders are we forced to use the Index Shredders or can they take the Codex Shredders.

4 Codex Shredders on a Venom could be vicious even if we are paying double for each Kabalite.

EDIT: SWEEEEEET. I sense some cheese lists being written in my future, now I'm thinking obsidian rose...

Last edited by Malakree on Mon Apr 16 2018, 23:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:19

Malakree wrote:
Question regarding Kabalite Trueborn.

If we take a unit of them with Shredders are we forced to use the Index Shredders or can they take the Codex Shredders.

4 Codex Shredders on a Venom could be vicious even if we are paying double for each Kabalite.

codex shredders and points. Youalways use and pay for the most recent iterations. So trueborn points use the index but shredders were updated in the codex so you use their points and the shedder profile
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 23:22

Must confess I'm feeling a bit cheated right now. I was okay with splitting our army up into sub-factions but to then impose limits on the number of times a particular unit can be used when we are already so limited in the number of unit options available to us feels very unfair. I suspect we are now the only army in the game that cannot field certain detachments in any meaningful way. For example, if we want to go beyond the minimum Heavy Support requirements for a Kabal Spearhead we are forced to either use FW units or lose our equivalent of Chapter Tactics as we literally only have one option available and cannot use that more than three times! Can you imagine for one moment that being deemed acceptable for Space Marines or CWE?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE codex Faq
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next