THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE codex Faq

Go down 
+40
Dark Elf Dave
RedRegicide
Korazell
Gherma
mynamelegend
TeenageAngst
Count Adhemar
PFI
Malakree
Creeping Darkness
PlayableNPC
docdoom77
Sarkesian
Rusty293
Kantalla
ursvamp
AzraeI
dumpeal
Crazy_Ivan
Quauchtemoc
TheBaconPope
withershadow
Myrvn
Ubernoob1
Gelmir
Zuriaxis
GreyArea
Dalamar
CptMetal
The Strange Dark One
Soulless Samurai
Lord Asvaldir
Squidmaster
Bad-baden-baden
Rodi Sikni
The Red King
Archon_91
Mppqlmd
Burnage
amishprn86
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

DE codex Faq - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:16

Well at least this hot mess gave me an idea to convert some new models as counts as cwe, i already have an archon on bike, so now i go and make me some trueborn with missile launchers, or wyches with personal warp portals, scourges are pretty obvious, and some merc or coven snipers, spiky wave raiders and a huge (*sounds like trump*) HUUUUUGE grotesque counting as a wraithknight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:16

From what moral standard ? I played vs the IG yesterday, and it had 14 CP, getting some back on 5+ everytime HE spent some or I spent some.

It seems abuses are only a problem when they are commited by non-Imperium players Rolling Eyes

The IG has been abusing the CP system for half a year now. Guess what ? Next time i'll play against him he'll have 4 extra CP, thanks to that FAQ.

Last edited by Mppqlmd on Mon Apr 16 2018, 22:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:17

dumpeal wrote:
Mppqlmd wrote:
Rusty293 wrote:
The raiding party Nerf sucks to be honest. That said if you go prophets of flesh to get access to diabolical soothsayer there's a chance you might get the same number of CP as if you'd taken a battalion.....

As opposed to the 11+6d3 you'd have had before they nerfed that stuff XD

That was not right and you know it.

you have to agree, it was pretty funny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rusty293
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:17

Lol don't get me wrong I know the Prophets of flesh thing isn't better than taking a battalion, sarcasm doesn't come across well in writing.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:18

Mppqlmd wrote:
From what moral standard ? I played vs the IG yesterday, and it had 14 CP, getting some back on 5+ everytime HE spent some or I spent some.

It seems abuses are only a problem when they are commited by non-Imperium players Rolling Eyes

The IG has been abusing the CP system for half a year now. Guess what ? Next time i'll play against him he'll have 4 extra CP, thanks to that FAQ.

I'm actually disappointed that the IG didn't get nerfed in any real way. Battalions and Brigades giving more CPs arguably buffs them, and since most of their tank units allow you to take multiple tanks the 3 unit limit doesn't hurt them at all.

They might not be objectively too strong but I really hate Guard in this edition.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:19

Ive email GW a very long letter about rules consistency. I gave lots of examples of stratagems, relics, etc.. that go agaisnt the brb, but yet movement isnt allowed? No.. so i explained to them the importance of being consistent and gave some good examples.

One example was

New Player: So i can shoot twice with this stratagem?
Business owner: Yes, b.c the stratagem superceeds the rules, the BRB is the basic rules, many other rules changes them to make the game more fun and dynamic
New Player" So I can Move again?
Owner: Not if you Deep strike
New Player: What? but why?
Owner: B.c GW doesnt know how to be consistent with rules
New Player: Hmm im not interested now

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:20

AzraeI wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
Mppqlmd wrote:
Rusty293 wrote:
The raiding party Nerf sucks to be honest. That said if you go prophets of flesh to get access to diabolical soothsayer there's a chance you might get the same number of CP as if you'd taken a battalion.....

As opposed to the 11+6d3 you'd have had before they nerfed that stuff XD

That was not right and you know it.

you have to agree, it was pretty funny Very Happy

I prefer the tantalus sniping that is still not FAQ. Those scum gotta pay. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:22

Mppqlmd wrote:
withershadow wrote:
Raiding party being worthless is sad but it was already kind of worthless due to the three detachment limit.

No, taking 3 patrols was as good as taking a battalion. For 1500pts (a very popular tourney format), it was really good, and allowed a lot of obsession-mixing.

Now it's straight out worse than a battalion.
Got it, so now you can’t take a hodgepodge list that had a little bit of everything, but not enough of anything. Well, you still can, it’s just you could have had 2 extra CPs if you brought a more balanced list. Color me unconcerned.

It’s also now a tiny bit harder to mix transports and troops from different obsessions. Granted, this was confusing and got you lots of dirty looks, and you can still basically do it since a Vanguard of Black Heart Ravagers still gives you 4 Raiders. Still unimpressed.

Again, the complains seem super petty and I feel zero sympathy. But as a consolation prize, you can use Vect’s Agents with any Drukhari detachment.

Really, my only real complaint is that two FAQ questions were wasted on stuff like the Flayed Kabal transports and Void bombers. On the other hand, before I was wondering if everyone was retarded or I was the crazy person. Now I have a thorough list of posters (here and elsewhere) who I know I can ignore entirely.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:23

Burnage wrote:
Mppqlmd wrote:

I'm actually disappointed that the IG didn't get nerfed in any real way. Battalions and Brigades giving more CPs arguably buffs them, and since most of their tank units allow you to take multiple tanks the 3 unit limit doesn't hurt them at all.

They might not be objectively too strong but I really hate Guard in this edition.

their commissars are not as op as they used to be, now they are no longer a basically guaranteed morale fail Very Happy but the 5+ to steal command points should be a 6+, more in line with us, our chestitybelt cousins and the fishpeople
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:23

I don't play in tournaments so the organised events datasheet limit won't really affect me, but it is terrible now you can't take two batallions of Kabal, coven, or cults due to our lack of HQ's.
It would be easily fixed with a Dracon for Kabal, Bloodbride for cult, and an Acothist or something similar for coven to have as lesser HQ's.

Last edited by Crazy_Ivan on Mon Apr 16 2018, 22:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:24

Quote :
Now I have a thorough list of posters (here and elsewhere) who I know I can ignore entirely.

am i on your list ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:25

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
I don't play in tournaments so the organised events datasheet limit won't really affect me but it is terrible bow you can take two batallions of Kabal, coven, or cults due to our lack of HQ's.
It would be easily fixed with a Dracon for Kabal, Bloodbride for cult, and an Acothist or something similar for coven to have as lesser HQ's.

no models no rules
no hands no chocolate
as if we would get new plastic xD
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:26

withershadow wrote:
Mppqlmd wrote:
withershadow wrote:
Raiding party being worthless is sad but it was already kind of worthless due to the three detachment limit.

No, taking 3 patrols was as good as taking a battalion. For 1500pts (a very popular tourney format), it was really good, and allowed a lot of obsession-mixing.

Now it's straight out worse than a battalion.
Got it, so now you can’t take a hodgepodge list that had a little bit of everything, but not enough of anything. Well, you still can, it’s just you could have had 2 extra CPs if you brought a more balanced list. Color me unconcerned.

It’s also now a tiny bit harder to mix transports and troops from different obsessions. Granted, this was confusing and got you lots of dirty looks, and you can still basically do it since a Vanguard of Black Heart Ravagers still gives you 4 Raiders. Still unimpressed.

Again, the complains seem super petty and I feel zero sympathy. But as a consolation prize, you can use Vect’s Agents with any Drukhari detachment.

Really, my only real complaint is that two FAQ questions were wasted on stuff like the Flayed Kabal transports and Void bombers. On the other hand, before I was wondering if everyone was retarded or I was the crazy person. Now I have a thorough list of posters (here and elsewhere) who I know I can ignore entirely.

Q: Is it possible to use a Stratagem from one codex to target a
unit from another?
A: Yes, so long as the unit the Stratagem is being used on
has the appropriate keywords (note that the Stratagems
in Codex: Chaos Daemons and Codex: Tyranids are specific
exceptions to this, as discussed in the relevant FAQs
and Errata).
For example, you can use the Tide of Traitors Stratagem
from Codex: Chaos Space Marines on a unit of Cultists
from a Death Guard Detachment (from Codex:
Death Guard) if your army has both an Alpha Legion
Detachment and a Death Guard Detachment in a
single Battle-forged army.
Also note that the only requirement to have access
to Stratagems is that you have a Detachment of the
appropriate Faction
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:26

Oh yeah, one more thing. The guard CP complaint is really silly. There are diminishing returns to CPs. My typical guard list sent from 16 to 20. I won’t really notice the difference. And I hope now other Imperial players won’t just bring along Guard CP factories because they can easily get an adequate amount by just bringing their own stuff. Remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:27

withershadow wrote:
On the other hand, before I was wondering if everyone was retarded or I was the crazy person. Now I have a thorough list of posters (here and elsewhere) who I know I can ignore entirely.

Would you like us to sooth your ego by pretending we care?

AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:30

withershadow wrote:
Oh yeah, one more thing. The guard CP complaint is really silly. There are diminishing returns to CPs. My typical guard list sent from 16 to 20. I won’t really notice the difference. And I hope now other Imperial players won’t just bring along Guard CP factories because they can easily get an adequate amount by just bringing their own stuff. Remains to be seen.

when was the last time something was used "adequately" in a tournament? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:31

withershadow wrote:

Welcome to the Dark City. If you don't like to hear people complaining... you might not have a pleasant stay Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Mppqlmd on Mon Apr 16 2018, 22:32; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:31

withershadow wrote:
There are diminishing returns to CPs.

This isn't really true until you start hitting large double figures. If you rerolled a dice in every phase that could benefit you in a five round game you'd be using up 45 Command Points alone.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:32

Soulless Samurai wrote:
withershadow wrote:
On the other hand, before I was wondering if everyone was retarded or I was the crazy person. Now I have a thorough list of posters (here and elsewhere) who I know I can ignore entirely.

Vindication needs no soothing. I am content in my intellectual superiority. Or really just ability to “read gud.”

Mppqlmd wrote:

Welcome to the Dark City. If you don't like to hear people complaining... you might not have a pleasant stay Rolling Eyes
I have no issue with complaints, just like I have no sympathy. I do have an issue with illiteracy, but that’s an unavoidable worldwide problem. Very Happy

Where is Zoolander and his school for ants when you need one.

Last edited by withershadow on Mon Apr 16 2018, 22:36; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:32

Soulless Samurai wrote:
withershadow wrote:

We already got TeenageAang.... We can endure another egotist. Sorry, TA. It was too easy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:33

withershadow wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
withershadow wrote:

Vindication needs no soothing. I am content in my intellectual superiority.

Take cover, everyone! I think that ego's about to blow!

Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:36

At least T. A. has interesting lists, a hilarious SOB/Dark Eldar house-fluff and makes valid points about the game.

Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:37

I'm mostly feeling not too badly impacted by the changes. There are some things that restrict my plans a little, but probably do more to save me from meeting more nasty things in return than impact me.

Mppqlmd wrote:
- You're limited in the occurence of the same datasheet entry you take in an army. Max 3 scourge units. Max 3 ravagers. Max 3 Medusae. This is non-sense.
Max three Mandrakes makes me a little sad, but three Scourges is OK. Three Ravagers means bring Razorwing Jetfighters once you hit three. I don't own many Court models, but this just means taking a mixed Court rather than just one type.

Most things we want to spam are Troops / Transports anyway, so less Flyrant or Dark Reaper spam seems an acceptable price to pay.

Quote :
- There is no reason to play Raider Party anymore, as it doesn't stand up to the amount of CP the battalion/briguade give anymore (so it's a downgrade, and we are forced to play battalions).
True, but it was always a trap option. I saw it as a fluffy way to fit all subfactions into an army, and optimised for fun games anyway.

Quote :
- Since we are forced to play battalions, it's gonna be almost impossible to play more than 2-3 obsessions per game, so our great advantage is gone.
That was already enforced by detachment limits.

Quote :
- Deepstriking vehicles via screaming jets has become almost useless due to the restriction on T1 Deepstriking
Still viable for protecting Ravagers from alpha strike, but yeah a bit of a nerf there.

However, this helps balance up the game better, so that reserve heavy armies have to have at least a turn without everything on the board, and stops 90% of the power of an army coming in from deep strike, which I think is tactically more interesting.

Quote :
- Since "Alliance of Agony" only works if your Warlord is an Archon, you can only have 1 WL Succubus + 1 WL trait Haemy per game.
Probably intended already.

Quote :
- The aeldari keyword has become useless
Pretty much happened for me when the obsessions arrived. Not too worried about that.

Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:39

^ this guy gets it. At least someone does.
Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:40

Mppqlmd wrote:
At least T. A. has interesting lists, a hilarious SOB/Dark Eldar house-fluff and makes valid points about the game.

Hear, hear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE codex Faq
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next