THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE codex Faq

Go down 
+40
Dark Elf Dave
RedRegicide
Korazell
Gherma
mynamelegend
TeenageAngst
Count Adhemar
PFI
Malakree
Creeping Darkness
PlayableNPC
docdoom77
Sarkesian
Rusty293
Kantalla
ursvamp
AzraeI
dumpeal
Crazy_Ivan
Quauchtemoc
TheBaconPope
withershadow
Myrvn
Ubernoob1
Gelmir
Zuriaxis
GreyArea
Dalamar
CptMetal
The Strange Dark One
Soulless Samurai
Lord Asvaldir
Squidmaster
Bad-baden-baden
Rodi Sikni
The Red King
Archon_91
Mppqlmd
Burnage
amishprn86
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

DE codex Faq - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 00:41

Gherma wrote:
Burnage wrote:
withershadow wrote:
Same for Sisters of Silence and Assassins.

These (as well as the Legion of the Damned) are listed in the FAQs as exceptions that can be taken in a Vanguard detachment without HQs, Corsairs aren't.

Exactly. It seems after all Withershadow is part of the illiterates of the forum Wink

You can still play them as Yinnari I suppose...

Q: There are no datasheets for Corsair Princes or Corsair
Barons – are there datasheets I should use for these models?
A: Use either the Corsair Cloud Dancer Band, Corsair
Reaver Band or Corsair Skyreaver Band datasheets
(whichever best describes the model) with the model
taking the place of the unit’s Felarch.

Oh gee, I guess they DO have HQ options. This isn't even new information, it's from the old version of the FAQ because it's not in Magenta. I don't even play Corsairs and it took me 5 seconds of RTFM to find an answer.  

So I guess I am quite literate after all, and I got another [EDIT DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND]ILLUSTRIOUS PARAGON OF 'LEDGE! (the 'know' is silent, the 'ledge' is the ideal outcome) to add to my list.

Last edited by withershadow on Tue Apr 17 2018, 01:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 00:43

Get a loada this guy here.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 00:43

This guy is a quality Mensch, I tells ya.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 00:44

withershadow wrote:
Gherma wrote:
Burnage wrote:
withershadow wrote:

These (as well as the Legion of the Damned) are listed in the FAQs as exceptions that can be taken in a Vanguard detachment without HQs, Corsairs aren't.

Exactly. It seems after all Withershadow is part of the illiterates of the forum Wink

Oh gee, I guess they DO have HQ options. This isn't even new information, it's from the old version of the FAQ because it's not in Magenta. I don't even play Corsairs and it took me 5 seconds of RTFM to find an answer.  

So I guess I am quite literate after all, and I got another drooling idiot to add to my list.  I feel sorry for your parents.

You're misreading that. It's stating that Corsairs don't have HQ units, and if you have a model that would have been a HQ choice previously you should use it as a sergeant for a Troop or Fast Attack unit.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 00:46

withershadow wrote:

I appreciate that I'm almost certainly on your ignore list, but nowhere does that FAQ say that they become HQs. Nor even separate models.

All you're getting is permission to pretend that the Felarch of one of your Corsair squads is actually a Prince or Baron.

Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 00:49

Burnage wrote:
withershadow wrote:
Gherma wrote:
Burnage wrote:
withershadow wrote:

So I guess I am quite literate after all, and I got another drooling idiot to add to my list.  I feel sorry for your parents.

You're misreading that. It's stating that Corsairs don't have HQ units, and if you have a model that would have been a HQ choice previously you should use it as a sergeant for a Troop or Fast Attack unit.

Thank you Burnage for explaining this gentleman how to read.

BTW, I believe that openly offending other members of the forum (drooling idiot), is against the policies of the dark city. Can a mod please take care of this?

Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 00:51

Gherma wrote:
Burnage wrote:
withershadow wrote:
Gherma wrote:
Burnage wrote:
withershadow wrote:

Thank you Burnage for explaining this gentleman how to read.

BTW, I believe that openly offending other members of the forum (drooling idiot), is against the policies of the dark city. Can a mod please take care of this?

It always seems that the more condescending you are in your replies to people, the higher the chance you're going to make a mistake in your correction...

But I agree, the lad should at least get a warning about being respectful... No need for name calling and hurling insults.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 00:51

"How do I represent my HQ model that no longer has rules?"
"Use the other data slates and replace the Sgt with your HQ model."

If you're going to be snarky, at least get your facts straight.

DE codex Faq - Page 8 Tenor

And I thought this forum was of sterner stuff given the kind of rows I see you folks get into. But sure, if that's overstepping the boundaries of the forum, warn/suspend/ban away as is proper.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:01

withershadow wrote:

You appear to be under the impression that this means that you should treat the sergeant as a HQ choice, when in fact the words "replace the sergeant with your HQ model" mean "replace the sergeant with your HQ model".
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:04

You seem to be under the impression that an "HQ model" is not an "HQ model".

Last edited by withershadow on Tue Apr 17 2018, 01:08; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:06

withershadow wrote:

If you're going to be snarky, at least get your facts straight.

DE codex Faq - Page 8 Tenor

Mayhaps you should take your own advice, since thus far you've done nothing but proved that your comprehension skills are abysmal.

Nowhere in the rule you quoted does it give you permission to treat the Felarch model as a HQ. Literally all you are permitted to do is use a Corsair Prince or Baron model in place of a Felarch model. That's it.

Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:07

So Ynnari will not benefit from Obsessions at all? This is great yeah?! Not if they want to benefit from Ynnari special rules?

Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:08

withershadow wrote:

If it doesn't have rules, then you can't really say it's an HQ model... It could theoretically be anything.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:10

Soulless Samurai wrote:

Nowhere in the rule you quoted does it give you permission to treat the Felarch model as a HQ. Literally all you are permitted to do is use a Corsair Prince or Baron model in place of a Felarch model. That's it.

Really? That is really what they mean? I am not sure, because so far when GW does deign to intervene in these little silly rules squabbles, I am batting a 1000 to your goose eggs. Just use a modicum of common sense.

Which of these conversations is more logical? Imagine you're talking to GW.

"How do I represent my HQ model?"
"Like this."

OR

"How do I represent my HQ model?"
"Like this... PSYCH! Your army is not legal! Eat a dick, AHAHAHAHAHA!"
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:11

As someone with Corsairs (Hornets, Warp Hunters, Balestrikes, Prince's, Barons, Void Dreamers, Reavers, Cloud Dancers, Corsair Venoms, etc..) Corsairs are dead as an army, they are now just there to have a couple units to make players not pick up Pitch forks against them.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k

Last edited by amishprn86 on Tue Apr 17 2018, 01:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dawnstone
Hellion
Dawnstone

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:12

So wait, how would you actually run Corsairs now? Is it possible?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:14

Dawnstone wrote:

You can run the few units in Ynnari, thats about it for Battle Brothers rules.

You can play Narrative and do what you want tho.

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:15

withershadow wrote:

Not at all, I just recognise that the rules are capable of making a distinction between a physical model and the unit that it represents.

This is absolutely an oversight - of course GW doesn't want units that they provide current rules for to be virtually impossible to run - but that doesn't change that right now they don't have any valid HQ choices nor any abilities which give them exceptions to the standard detachment rules.

Dawnstone wrote:

Lots of aux. support detachments. That's it. You can't take them in Ynnari or Aeldari detachments, because neither of those are legal any more.
Back to top Go down
Dawnstone
Hellion
Dawnstone

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:22

Ah yes, auxiliary support detachments. Well, at least it's not impossible to field them, just garbage.
---
This FAQ hasn't changed my 2k list other than providing me with +4CP for no apparent reason, yay battalions I guess?... A real shame we are stuck with more restrictions on our already highly restricted army, but in terms of our overall effectiveness this FAQ is probably a net buff, considering how hard other factions like Tyranids & Chaos got hit.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:22

Quote :
So I guess I am quite literate after all, and I got another drooling idiot to add to my list. I feel sorry for your parents.

Jesus, this ego dwarfs even BetrayTheWorld's before he got banned.

Seconding the request for mod intervention. There's a difference between heated discussion and just being a twit.

Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:26

Burnage wrote:
withershadow wrote:

Not at all, I just recognise that the rules are capable of making a distinction between a physical model and the unit that it represents.

This is absolutely an oversight - of course GW doesn't want units that they provide current rules for to be virtually impossible to run - but that doesn't change that right now they don't have any valid HQ choices nor any abilities which give them exceptions to the standard detachment rules.

Dawnstone wrote:

Lots of aux. support detachments. That's it. You can't take them in Ynnari or Aeldari detachments, because neither of those are legal any more.

Anyway let’s not forget that battle brothers is still just a beta rule. They will hopefully scrub it a little before making it an actual one.

withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:28

Rolling Eyes I only respond in kind.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:30

Gherma wrote:
Burnage wrote:
withershadow wrote:

Dawnstone wrote:

Anyway let’s not forget that battle brothers is still just a beta rule. They will hopefully scrub it a little before making it an actual one.

I understand why they did this, but still dont like it.

Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:35

TheBaconPope wrote:
Quote :
So I guess I am quite literate after all, and I got another drooling idiot to add to my list. I feel sorry for your parents.

Jesus, this ego dwarfs even BetrayTheWorld's before he got banned.

Seconding the request for mod intervention. There's a difference between heated discussion and just being a twit.

Oh, sadness, that's why I haven't run into him anymore.

Can we try and keep this discussion civil? And I don't mean arrogantly justified civil, I mean actually civil?

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
Crucible of Sorrow
Slave
Crucible of Sorrow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:39

Shots (splinters?) fired up in here! Is this the gladiatorial arena?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE codex Faq
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next