THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE codex Faq

Go down 
+40
Dark Elf Dave
RedRegicide
Korazell
Gherma
mynamelegend
TeenageAngst
Count Adhemar
PFI
Malakree
Creeping Darkness
PlayableNPC
docdoom77
Sarkesian
Rusty293
Kantalla
ursvamp
AzraeI
dumpeal
Crazy_Ivan
Quauchtemoc
TheBaconPope
withershadow
Myrvn
Ubernoob1
Gelmir
Zuriaxis
GreyArea
Dalamar
CptMetal
The Strange Dark One
Soulless Samurai
Lord Asvaldir
Squidmaster
Bad-baden-baden
Rodi Sikni
The Red King
Archon_91
Mppqlmd
Burnage
amishprn86
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

DE codex Faq - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 02:15

TheBaconPope wrote:
Quote :
So I guess I am quite literate after all, and I got another drooling idiot to add to my list. I feel sorry for your parents.

Jesus, this ego dwarfs even BetrayTheWorld's before he got banned.

Seconding the request for mod intervention. There's a difference between heated discussion and just being a twit.

I liked Betray, he was never this bad. If he bonked you over the head with his own ego it was usually wrapped in foam rubber condescension not this kind of keyboard warrior nonsense.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 04:09

I can see this FAQ helping us out honestly.  Don't get me wrong, I'm just as frustrated, but I've moved to the next step of seeing how our army will work within the new framework of the rules. A few things stand out to me:

1) No spamming units.... I personally like this, since my playstyle for DE was pretty diverse anyway.  I can understand others frustration though, but you have to admit, more than 3 flyrants or more than 3 units of cheap Dark Reapers is much more threatening than anything we could want to spam.

2) Now that T1 charges are going to be MUCH more difficult to get off, we are actually in a GREAT position.  T2 charges are VERY easy for us and the new rules will actually make PfP pretty damn useful come T2 now since we'll have more units charging on T2.  Plus as it's already been mentioned, we are now one of the few armies that can easily pull off a T1 charge (Reavers)

3) Board control....  with our speed, we now can push out further in T1 since we do not have to worry about the T1 chargers coming in.  I can already see a solid strategy forming to where T1, we spread out our units as much as possible taking up as much space as possible.  Limiting those T2 deepstriking units able to only kill a single unit and then being stranded out in the open to be shot up.  The only real screening that we will want to do is on the Ravagers/Archon bubble that I'm sure most DE armies will have.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 05:01

Turn one charges are still very easy for us, deep striking charges were never that reliable anyway while reavers charging up the board is still a super reliable first turn charge.

I also don't have a big issue with the spam rule (which is still a beta rule), as I usually only spam our transports/troops which aren't affected by that rule.

Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 06:11

Dark Eldar without Rule of Three: Maybe bringing 5 ravagers instead of 3 ravagers and a pair of Razorwings.

Tyranids without Rule of Three: Six Trygons, nine Hive Tyrants, a dozen Mycetic Spores, "what do you mean our codex has other units?".

I'm more than happy to accept the Ro3 because it hurts us less than most other armies out there.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 07:00

I guess the thing that really saddens me the most is my 9 Lhamaean unit getting aborted.
This will probably having a soothing effect on the meta, though. Maybe we'll even get games that aren't decided by turn 1 alphastrike?

Sent from Topic'it App

Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 07:04

Single unit spam is one of the biggest turn offs about competitive play for me. I like competitive play but not the lists that come from it, and rule of three helps create games with and against more varied and fun armies. Surely that's a good thing?

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 07:20

LOCKING THE THREAD UNTIL I CAN REVIEW AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION - COUNT ADHEMAR

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 12:28

This thread is staying locked. There's another thread to discuss the FAQ changes that seems to have managed to remain civil. Warnings to offending posters have been issued - Count Adhemar

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE codex Faq
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9