THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE codex Faq

Go down 
+40
Dark Elf Dave
RedRegicide
Korazell
Gherma
mynamelegend
TeenageAngst
Count Adhemar
PFI
Malakree
Creeping Darkness
PlayableNPC
docdoom77
Sarkesian
Rusty293
Kantalla
ursvamp
AzraeI
dumpeal
Crazy_Ivan
Quauchtemoc
TheBaconPope
withershadow
Myrvn
Ubernoob1
Gelmir
Zuriaxis
GreyArea
Dalamar
CptMetal
The Strange Dark One
Soulless Samurai
Lord Asvaldir
Squidmaster
Bad-baden-baden
Rodi Sikni
The Red King
Archon_91
Mppqlmd
Burnage
amishprn86
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

DE codex Faq - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:30

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but now we can't use Fire and Fade after deepstriking?

That's... so silly.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:34

Bad-baden-baden wrote:
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but now we can't use Fire and Fade after deepstriking?

That's... so silly.

Why cant you? I must have missed something

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:35

It's confirmed. GW authors are haemonculus. Creating such hype and crushing our hope 2 weeks laters. I'm done with GW. It's funny, I was going to buy the codex this evening. It seems they'll keep it.
Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:37

amishprn86 wrote:
Bad-baden-baden wrote:

That's... so silly.

DE codex Faq - Page 3 Fire_a10
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:37

dumpeal wrote:
It's confirmed. GW authors are haemonculus. Creating such hype and crushing our hope 2 weeks laters. I'm done with GW. It's funny, I was going to buy the codex this evening. It seems they'll keep it.
Our dex is still good! The most restrictive changes are beta rules and they have asked for feedback so let's give it to them in a structured manner.
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:38

I really dont get the salt ??? We cant do multiple mono faction bataillon i get it but i dont see any reason to do that in the first place ??

The only thing that really annoyingme is now the hree patrol thing seems less appealing
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:40

Bad-baden-baden wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:
Bad-baden-baden wrote:

That's... so silly.

Where is this at?

BC this goes against many things GW does, codex over BRB, stratagems letting you do something normally cant, i mean we have a stratagem that lets you Embark after consolidating, why wouldnt fire and fade work?

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:42

Quauchtemoc wrote:
I really dont get the salt ??? We cant do multiple mono faction bataillon i get it but i dont see any reason to do that in the first place ??

The only thing that really annoyingme is now the hree patrol thing seems less appealing
Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:42

amishprn86 wrote:
Bad-baden-baden wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:
Bad-baden-baden wrote:

That's... so silly.

Where is this at?

I think its in the updated BRB FAQ.

There goes my favorite unit interaction... Deepstrike big kaballite unit with obsidian rose, shoot, run away.

It wasn't very good. It never worked. But damn did I like trying to do so.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:44

Doesnt make since to me at all, how can they say this 1 rule doesnt work like that, but all other ones do?

Im ignoring this for now and emailing them.

Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:44

Quauchtemoc wrote:

Usually, for any other army, when you choose a doctrine, it affect the whole detachment. Which mean, it they want some special rules for somes specific units, it's easy for them to add a small detachment with another doctrine.

For us, it's different. We are 3 armies in 1. Which mean, we already need our 3 detachments to have access to all our units. If we are not allowed to field more detachment, we're stuck with a single detachment choice per subfaction. The raiding party was a nice and fluffy way to work over that. Not, it's gone.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:45

amishprn86 wrote:
Doesnt make since to me at all, how can they say this 1 rule doesnt work like that, but all other ones do?

Im ignoring this for now and emailing them.

It's saying that none of them do.
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:45

Ok i get it but its not new that we are limited to 3 detachment rigth ?
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

at least genestealers dont swamp us in the first turn anymore, regardless of swarmlord or trygon
For the tournament players im really sad, i just play with my frends, but some of these "corrections" are just rubbish, first they cut models from our army, then we cant take the ones that we have, i would laugh if it wasnt so sad
well it seems GW cant stand more than 2 weeks of happyness in commoragh
Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:47

Quauchtemoc wrote:
What is the problem with that faq ? I dont understand all the salt

the problem, as I see it, is that our "Raiding Force"-rule gave us a little more command points than usual at the cost of one more HQ than usual. But now (a week after release) everyone else gets more command points with fewer restrictions. Except for us, since we ave to split the army over several detachments in order to get obsessions for all our units (something most other armies gets automatically). Getting more command points was a great carrot, and an interesting deal, for forcing us to use several detachments. But now it leaves us in the dust, rather than able to compete with "normal" armies. It's gone from a reward to a "something to lessen the blow".

Of course, one could view it as a "those are the correct amounts of points Raiding Force should award and be played at" (that is to say; looking at the army in a vacuum). But that loses a bit of weight by the fact that the Raiding Force rule was written while a completely different amount of CP per game was the norm, and if the norm needed to be increased, why not for us?
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:47

Quauchtemoc wrote:

We ( I ) had hopes they would add in the FAQ something like "If a dark eldar field 3 patrols, they count as a single raiding party detachment for determining the number of detachment you can field"
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

dumpeal wrote:
Quauchtemoc wrote:

We ( I ) had hopes they would add in the FAQ something like "If a dark eldar field 3 patrols, they count as a single raiding party detachment for determining the number of detachment you can field"

and maybe give you 6 command points
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:48

withershadow wrote:
Gelmir wrote:
Well crap. I just got a Farseer Skyrunner as an HQ for my Outrider detachment, since Drukhari have no HQ that even remotely keeps up with my Reavers. That's 26 euro's down the drain, because now I am suddenly not allowed to use it anymore. :/
yes you can. It’s per detachment.

I know, and that's why I can't use him. It's my only Craftworld model. I got it, because Drukhari don't have a fast HQ, and putting one of our footslogging HQ's as a leader for Jetbikes felt stupid. But I have nothing to make a full Craftworld detachment, and neither was I planning on it. I just wanted a fast HQ for with my Reavers and Hellions. :/

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:49

AzraeI wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
Quauchtemoc wrote:

I would have been fine with only 4 CP
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:52

Ok got it, annoying indeed. I think 5 command point for a bataillon is too much anyway
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:53

dumpeal wrote:
AzraeI wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
Quauchtemoc wrote:

I would have been fine with only 4 CP

really? every other army gets 1 cp more for less models, and 5 command points more if you would field 6 patrols in a raiding force
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:54

Raiding force already gives us 4cp, only issue is now we have to purchase an extra character over battalion, and we get one less cp which sucks. I'll probably go back to running battalion plus an outrider/spearhead again now.

Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:54

Quauchtemoc wrote:
Ok got it, annoying indeed. I think 5 command point for a bataillon is too much anyway

eh its allright, you can use more stratagems now thats ok, but the internal balance of stratagems is hideous
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:55

ursvamp wrote:
Quauchtemoc wrote:
What is the problem with that faq ? I dont understand all the salt

the problem, as I see it, is that our "Raiding Force"-rule gave us a little more command points than usual at the cost of one more HQ than usual. But now (a week after release) everyone else gets more command points with fewer restrictions. Except for us, since we ave to split the army over several detachments in order to get obsessions for all our units (something most other armies gets automatically). Getting more command points was a great carrot, and an interesting deal, for forcing us to use several detachments. But now it leaves us in the dust, rather than able to compete with "normal" armies. It's gone from a reward to a "something to lessen the blow".

Of course, one could view it as a "those are the correct amounts of points Raiding Force should award and be played at" (that is to say; looking at the army in a vacuum). But that loses a bit of weight by the fact that the Raiding Force rule was written while a completely different amount of CP per game was the norm, and if the norm needed to be increased, why not for us?

The sad thing is that this is the reason wrote in the FAQ:

"When creating a Battle-forged army, the Battalion and Brigade Detachments are seen as not offering enough command points for the number of units you must include."

An the Raiding Force, that must inclued more units than a batallion, doesn't recive more CP.

GG WP Games Workshop
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:57

Quauchtemoc wrote:

- You're limited in the occurence of the same datasheet entry you take in an army. Max 3 scourge units. Max 3 ravagers. Max 3 Medusae. This is non-sense.

- There is no reason to play Raider Party anymore, as it doesn't stand up to the amount of CP the battalion/briguade give anymore (so it's a downgrade, and we are forced to play battalions).

- Since we are forced to play battalions, it's gonna be almost impossible to play more than 2-3 obsessions per game, so our great advantage is gone.

- Deepstriking vehicles via screaming jets has become almost useless due to the restriction on T1 Deepstriking

- Since "Alliance of Agony" only works if your Warlord is an Archon, you can only have 1 WL Succubus + 1 WL trait Haemy per game.

- The aeldari keyword has become useless

Shall i continue ?

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE codex Faq
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next