THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE codex Faq

Go down 
+40
Dark Elf Dave
RedRegicide
Korazell
Gherma
mynamelegend
TeenageAngst
Count Adhemar
PFI
Malakree
Creeping Darkness
PlayableNPC
docdoom77
Sarkesian
Rusty293
Kantalla
ursvamp
AzraeI
dumpeal
Crazy_Ivan
Quauchtemoc
TheBaconPope
withershadow
Myrvn
Ubernoob1
Gelmir
Zuriaxis
GreyArea
Dalamar
CptMetal
The Strange Dark One
Soulless Samurai
Lord Asvaldir
Squidmaster
Bad-baden-baden
Rodi Sikni
The Red King
Archon_91
Mppqlmd
Burnage
amishprn86
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

DE codex Faq - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:57

AzraeI wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
AzraeI wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
Quauchtemoc wrote:
Ok i get it but its not new that we are limited to 3 detachment rigth ?

We ( I ) had hopes they would add in the FAQ something like "If a dark eldar field 3 patrols, they count as a single raiding party detachment for determining the number of detachment you can field"

and maybe give you 6 command points

I would have been fine with only 4 CP

really? every other army gets 1 cp more for less models, and 5 command points more if you would field 6 patrols in a raiding force

I'm a Dark Eldar player. If I wanted equity and fairness I would have chosen another army. Like, literally any other army. (except the sisters of battle. They got it really hard for really long)
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:59

So the situation now is :

- Your units are split between 3 sub-factions

- You can't play those at the same time if you want a decent amount of CP

- So you have to play mono or dual-faction, and have VERY few units to pick from

- But you can't include more than X copies of the same unit in your army.

But hey ! Kabalites are cheap !

Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:00

We also can't field 2 batallions of Kabal as we can only have 3 archons in a list.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:02

dumpeal wrote:
AzraeI wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
AzraeI wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
Quauchtemoc wrote:

We ( I ) had hopes they would add in the FAQ something like "If a dark eldar field 3 patrols, they count as a single raiding party detachment for determining the number of detachment you can field"

really? every other army gets 1 cp more for less models, and 5 command points more if you would field 6 patrols in a raiding force

I'm a Dark Eldar player. If I wanted equity and fairness I would have chosen another army. Like, literally any other army. (except the sisters of battle. They got it really hard for really long)

I'm calling it now, quote me if you want, as soon as the plastic sisters hit, they will be stupidly op and bring a new meta
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:03

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
We also can't field 2 batallions of Kabal as we can only have 3 archons in a list.

You can field a briguade if you want. But you have 2 elites entries to fill up your 3 slots. I hope you like mandrakes and incubi.

Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:04

Mppqlmd wrote:
Crazy_Ivan wrote:

You can field a briguade if you want. But you have 2 elites entries to fill up your 3 slots. I hope you like mandrakes and incubi.

aaaand index trueborn lol!
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:04

Gelmir wrote:
Well crap. I just got a Farseer Skyrunner as an HQ for my Outrider detachment, since Drukhari have no HQ that even remotely keeps up with my Reavers. That's 26 euro's down the drain, because now I am suddenly not allowed to use it anymore. :/
Can I suggest two Warlock Skyrunners. That would make a Supreme Command Detachment and allow you to go say Doom and Executioner or Mind War on the Farseer and Jinx plus one other on the Warlocks. That would provide some nice synergies with a Drukhari list without a big points or money commitment.

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:05

AzraeI wrote:
Mppqlmd wrote:
Crazy_Ivan wrote:

aaaand index trueborn lol!

There's index Bloodbrides as well! Very Happy

Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:06

Play Dark Eldar. Take Craftworld HQs as "Supreme Command".

Am I the only one seeing the problem with this ? I'm sure it's tactically viable, but gosh... the "Supreme Command" of your army is from a rival faction ?

Quote :

There's index Bloodbrides as well!

And they have the same profiles as wyches do, since they didn't get buffed. If you want to waste points, go ahead.

Last edited by Mppqlmd on Mon Apr 16 2018, 22:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:06

Raiding party being worthless is sad but it was already kind of worthless due to the three detachment limit.

The Archon complaint is valid but to me largely irrelevant because I want to use our full range of models.

I have zero complaints myself, and the few complaints I see come across as petty and salty for the sake of salt. Your anguish sustains me and can I have your stuff?
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:07

AzraeI wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
AzraeI wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
AzraeI wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
Quauchtemoc wrote:

I'm calling it now, quote me if you want, as soon as the plastic sisters hit, they will be stupidly op and bring a new meta

Don't get me wrong. SoB are strong. But they didn't receive much love in the last years. I mean, no plastic yet??
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:07

withershadow wrote:
Raiding party being worthless is sad but it was already kind of worthless due to the three detachment limit.

The Archon complaint is valid but to me largely irrelevant because I want to use our full range of models.

I have zero complaints myself, and the few complaints I see come across as petty and salty for the sake of salt. Your anguish sustains me and can I have your stuff?

+1 for this , i think their is a lot of overeaction here
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:08

AzraeI wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
AzraeI wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
AzraeI wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
Quauchtemoc wrote:

Well i have a HUGE SOB force and i just shelved them b.c of these new rules.

My SOB army is 6 Dominions and 6 Redistributors, with 4 Seraphim. I like my SOB to play very fast, with back up long range.

SoB only has 2 Long range units, Rets and Exorcist, and Exorcist are hot trash.

I cant wait for the new codex b.c maybe it will have more than 4 playable units (not Celestine, i mean other units), as of right now, Doms, Rets, Seraphim and Repressor are the only good things.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:09

Mppqlmd wrote:
Crazy_Ivan wrote:

Or you can use............

Drhazar! All we here was thinking that Drazhar was completely useless, but truth is that all was a GW plan to see Drazhar on the battlefield again !!
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:09

Mppqlmd wrote:
Play Dark Eldar. Take Craftworld HQs as "Supreme Command".

Am I the only one seeing the problem with this ? I'm sure it's tactically viable, but gosh... the "Supreme Command" of your army is from a rival faction ?

Reminds me of the 7th edition "Dark Eldar" armies with maybe 2 DE units and then everything else was CWE.

Mppqlmd wrote:
And they have the same profiles as wyches do, since they didn't get buffed. If you want to waste points, go ahead.

Sorry, it seems my sarcasm didn't come across.

Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

withershadow wrote:

No, taking 3 patrols was as good as taking a battalion. For 1500pts (a very popular tourney format), it was really good, and allowed a lot of obsession-mixing.

Now it's straight out worse than a battalion.

Quote :
Reminds me of the 7th edition "Dark Eldar" armies with maybe 2 DE units and then everything else was CWE.

The transports that allowed the OP units to DS and fire.
Quote :

Sorry, it seems my sarcasm didn't come across.

Mb, i must be super triggered Smile

Last edited by Mppqlmd on Mon Apr 16 2018, 22:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

But back onto DE topic.

This is just pushing me more to always playing my Tantalus, 400pts is enough to not care if i only have a Battalion and 1 other detachment.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
Drazhar is a thing. A bad thing, but a thing.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:10

withershadow wrote:
Crazy_Ivan wrote:

He's also not a point in our favour.

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:10

Crazy_Ivan wrote:

Actually, you CAN field 2 kabal batallions. You can field Drazzar as you 2nd HQ.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:11

withershadow wrote:
Crazy_Ivan wrote:

dark eldar in a nutshell Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:11

dumpeal wrote:
Crazy_Ivan wrote:

Actually, you CAN field 2 kabal batallions. You can field Drazzar as you 2nd HQ.

Yay ?

The good point is : you can field 2 Cult/Coven battalions.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:12

The raiding party Nerf sucks to be honest. That said if you go prophets of flesh to get access to diabolical soothsayer there's a chance you might get the same number of CP as if you'd taken a battalion.....
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:13

Rusty293 wrote:
The raiding party Nerf sucks to be honest. That said if you go prophets of flesh to get access to diabolical soothsayer there's a chance you might get the same number of CP as if you'd taken a battalion.....

As opposed to the 11+5d3 you'd have had before they nerfed that stuff XD

Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:14

Mppqlmd wrote:
Rusty293 wrote:

As opposed to the 11+6d3 you'd have had before they nerfed that stuff XD

That was not right and you know it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE codex Faq
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next