THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE codex Faq

Go down 
+40
Dark Elf Dave
RedRegicide
Korazell
Gherma
mynamelegend
TeenageAngst
Count Adhemar
PFI
Malakree
Creeping Darkness
PlayableNPC
docdoom77
Sarkesian
Rusty293
Kantalla
ursvamp
AzraeI
dumpeal
Crazy_Ivan
Quauchtemoc
TheBaconPope
withershadow
Myrvn
Ubernoob1
Gelmir
Zuriaxis
GreyArea
Dalamar
CptMetal
The Strange Dark One
Soulless Samurai
Lord Asvaldir
Squidmaster
Bad-baden-baden
Rodi Sikni
The Red King
Archon_91
Mppqlmd
Burnage
amishprn86
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 17:48

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/warhammer_40000_drukhari_en.pdf

Talos/Cronos gaining fly is amazing!
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 17:54

Hey look, they settled the exploding Ossefactor question. RIP to multiple Alliances of Agony, as well.

Interesting minor nerf to Flayed Skull, too.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 17:57

The infinite CP spam is dead.

You can't put Flayed Skull kabalites in a Black Heart raider and reroll to hit anymore.

Raider party is unusable in tourneys.

Exploding wound ossefactor is dead.

And it seems that Labyrinth Cunning can only grant you 1 CP per stratagem ?

But the lhaemeans mortal wound factory is still alive and kicking !
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 17:58

... ... ... ... ... ... Why do I suddenly have an image of a talos holding on to a Razorwing jetfighter so it can smack an enemy flyer as they fly by? And another of this "slow" monster looking up and deciding it wants to float up to a passing jet going supersonic and engage it in close combat (because woo it can now charge flyers!) , ... Honestly that's how I figured they intended Flayed skull to be.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 17:58

All they changed on Labrinthian Cunning was the warlord has to be on the table it's still phrased to roll per command point spent.

Last edited by Archon_91 on Mon Apr 16 2018, 18:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:00

Labyrinthine cunning is still per point spent. It just changed to say "whilst warlord is alive" to clarify that he has to be on the board.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:02

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/warhammer_40000_The_Big_FAQ_1_2018_en.pdf

According to this, you can only play 2/3/4 copies of the same unit (excluding troops and transports) in a matched game (for 1000/2000/up).

So RIP court of the archon, you can only have 3 sslyths in a 2000pts game.
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:03

Mppqlmd wrote:

You can't put Flayed Skull kabalites in a Black Heart raider and reroll to hit anymore.

No, just you can't use the trait to gain CP before the battle.
Big indirect nerf to the Raiding Force. Now a battalion gives 5CP ...

Ossefactor RIP

I had the hope to se a FAQ giving the rule of character to the Court again.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:05

Rodi Sikni wrote:

It's actually better that they aren't, thanks to the character targeting rules changing. If they were characters opponents would be able to snipe your Archon straight through them.
Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:06

Rodi Sikni wrote:
Mppqlmd wrote:

No, just you can't use the trait to gain CP before the battle.
Big indirect nerf to the Raiding Force. Now a battalion gives 5CP ...

Ossefactor RIP

They've made the raiding party virtually null. I play at 1500 points most of the time, and even then I'll be at a 2/3 CP disadvantage every game if I take the raiding party. At 2000 it's entirely impossible to run a raiding party because of the massive CP disadvantage. Honestly this is shocking. We had a good 2 weeks of fun and flavour, I guess...
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:07

Well, it's going to be pretty much absurd to play our 3 factions in the same army. Now I think the wisest thing to do is play a battalion + a vanguard/outrider.
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:08

Mppqlmd wrote:
https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/warhammer_40000_The_Big_FAQ_1_2018_en.pdf

According to this, you can only play 2/3/4 copies of the same unit (excluding troops and transports) in a matched game (for 1000/2000/up).

They should FAQ the courtand the beast rules to not count to the number of datasheets neither.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:11

Mppqlmd wrote:
Well, it's going to be pretty much absurd to play our 3 factions in the same army. Now I think the wisest thing to do is play a battalion + a vanguard/outrider.

The easiest way to run all three factions will be to have a Ynnari detachment alongside a Covens one.

Absolutely bizarre, but there you go. At least it looks like Yvraine can take the Helm of Spite for a bonus superpowered deny.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:16

What am I missing in the FAQ that makes it harder to run our army?? I mean is a blackheart spearhead, flayed skull batallions, cult of strife batallions illegal now? If so how? Am I failing hard at reading comprehension?
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:17

Mppqlmd wrote:

I think that 2 battalions could and other 1CP detachment could be viable.

i hope se soon another FAQ to our codex fixing some things that doesn't appear on this, like the stratagem Agents of Vect.

Our codex celebrates two weeks of release this weekend, so i'll be waiting...
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:29

I think that IS our FAQ. I doubt theres another one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:32

Quote :
The easiest way to run all three factions will be to have a Ynnari detachment alongside a Covens one.

Is it even legal ? You can't run an army using the "Aeldari" keyword anymore...

Edit : My bad, it's legal. You just can't use those keywords in the same detachment.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:35

Mppqlmd wrote:
Quote :

Is it even legal ? You can't run an army using the "Aeldari" keyword anymore...

Edit : My bad, it's legal. You just can't use those keywords in the same detachment.

Ynnari detachments count as Craftworlds/Drukhari/Harlequin detachments now, so a Ynnari/Covens list could actually be a pure Drukhari army.
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:51

Run the 3 subfactions together has the same difficulty being ynnari or drukhari. Nothing stops you to mix cults and kabals in the same detachment , you will lose the obsessions, like if you mix them in a ynnary detachment.

But now, the ynnari soup has over, you can't use the kabalite warriors as cheap troops in a detachment full of craftworld units just because they are all ynnari.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:07

Well what a surprise no more spamming alliance of agony for extra cps, people had that to mess around with for a whole week..

Giving the talos/cronos the fly keyword is a welcome addition, no tying them up with chaff.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:35

Mppqlmd wrote:

Well I sure am glad they delayed releasing this FAQ. It was totally worth the wait. All the extra effort just drips off it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:37

I can't say I am enthusiastic about this FAQ. It seems they completely forgot about the mechanics of the faction they released most recently.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:39

Rodi Sikni wrote:
Run the 3 subfactions together has the same difficulty being ynnari or drukhari. Nothing stops you to mix cults and kabals in the same detachment , you will lose the obsessions, like if you mix them in a ynnary detachment.

But now, the ynnari soup has over, you can't use the kabalite warriors as cheap troops in a detachment full of craftworld units just because they are all ynnari.

I like that.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:41

You now cannot run multiple battalion detachments of cabals, coven, or cults unless you use named characters. Cannot have 4 Archons, ect.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:45

Dalamar wrote:
You now cannot run multiple battalion detachments of cabals, coven, or cults unless you use named characters. Cannot have 4 Archons, ect.

Thats stupid lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DE codex Faq Empty
PostSubject: Re: DE codex Faq   DE codex Faq I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE codex Faq
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next