THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Will AdMech steal the show from us?

Go down 
+16
sekac
Zenotaph
CptMetal
mattblowers
Yziel
Patayou
Soulless Samurai
Count Adhemar
toldavf
sweetbacon
Burnage
Into the darkness
Vailex
Gizamaluke
Fauxmonculus
GreyArea
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13 2021, 15:34

TBF, AdMech were always a direct counter to DE. Very much a Rock/Paper/Scissors scenario, where their weapons are basically designed to efficiently wound our units by putting out high ROF with just enough AP to make us take it on our invulnerable saves.

Its not nice, but we did the same thing to Marines. So I guess its our turn.

I need to keep reminding myself how much it sucked while everyone hated us. Dont pass it along to the AdMech (who will see their nerf in a few weeks *hopefully*)

Plus Orcs are looking real good. Meta is very likely to get thrown for another loop (which may or may not help us)
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13 2021, 17:08

The problem with Ad Mech is that they “feel” more oppressive than DE did because they can literally kill anything they can see on turn one, whereas DE spent the first two turns positioning for charges and countercharges and didn’t really hit hard until turn three which made for a more interactive game. Ad Mech can cripple you on turn one with Infiltrators, Solar Flare, and Las-Chickens which makes for a very feels bad experience.

I’m curious to see how GW eventually reins Ad Mech in because they have numerous problematic overlapping interactions as well as being extremely under costed across the board. I suspect it will end up needing several attempts to bring in line with the rest of the game similar to what happened with Iron Hands.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14 2021, 19:26

Our Nerf was to completely remove DT, and increase all our lists by around 50 points (roughly).

My crystal ball says the AdMech will not get any fundamental changes (like DT), but will probably increase the list costs by about 100-150 points.

IIRC, one of the first "OMG DE OP!!" posts was related to a guy taking only DT, then boosting the whole army up Turn 1. Getting two boats full of Liquifiers shooting into the enemy Turn 1, then sitting there saying "charge me bro, I dare you". If I am being honest, this isnt much different.

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16 2021, 12:07

Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 217621653_10159438793752394_855942668830255989_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=pY5ldoB_Z5MAX-3mnxO&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2

The Strange Dark One and Soulless Samurai like this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16 2021, 13:11

Anyone read the Goonhammer article about potential AdMech ballancing?

https://www.goonhammer.com/what-to-do-about-admech/

Seems really well thought out. Keeps the flavor (and most of the shooting), but hits the most egregious combos.

I even liked the DE point bumps, although I would have left the Hellions alone and increased Trueborn (I think +10 (145) points for the normal loadout would be reasonable, and I would still take)
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16 2021, 14:35

Those are reasonable nerfs. Remember what they suggested for ESE? Rule of three for Raiders and Venoms? lol!

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16 2021, 14:56

Zenotaph wrote:
Those are reasonable nerfs. Remember what they suggested for ESE? Rule of three for Raiders and Venoms? lol!

Now all I can think of is a whole bunch of Archons politely queuing up in Commorragh with ration books.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16 2021, 15:43

Haha, I dont recall that. TY for the reminder.

I think the DE point increases are generally reasonable. Honestly, still too many band-waggoners buying up our models Wink
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16 2021, 16:08

fisheyes wrote:
Haha, I dont recall that. TY for the reminder.

I think the DE point increases are generally reasonable. Honestly, still too many band-waggoners buying up our models Wink

Hopefully, they'll get bored and sell them at great prices.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16 2021, 16:37

fisheyes wrote:
Anyone read the Goonhammer article about potential AdMech ballancing?

https://www.goonhammer.com/what-to-do-about-admech/

Seems really well thought out. Keeps the flavor (and most of the shooting), but hits the most egregious combos.

I even liked the DE point bumps, although I would have left the Hellions alone and increased Trueborn (I think +10 (145) points for the normal loadout would be reasonable, and I would still take)

That's a generally well thought out article, but I have to admit I'm kind of irritated that in an article about "What to do with Ad Mech?" the answer turns out to be "Nerf Drukhari."

The Strange Dark One and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16 2021, 17:11

I haven't really liked any of their analysis articles they've written so I kind of just skim-read this one. I still think the last Drukhari nerf was badly handled by GW and I thought their article on it beforehand was dreadful. This one is a bit better but I don't think I'll ever agree with them on game balance Razz

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16 2021, 18:30

We must admit that our faction still has a very high win rate.

This could be partly because many top players have jumped band waggons and brought up our %. But I do think that we are still A LITTLE too good.

My second army is Guard, and playing into ANY of the 9th edition codex armies is basically impossible. Playing my DE I feel like I have a good chance to win, but the Guard are basically DOA.

I feel for other players rocking 8th edition codicies. I think basically every 9th edition codex needs a tweek, with AdMech and DE at the top of the list.

But this is in an Ideal World, where we do not live.

Regardless, Orcs are probably getting their new codex on Saturday. So all this may be moot when our Green Fungus Overlords take over Wink
Back to top Go down
toldavf
Hellion
toldavf

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16 2021, 19:08

fisheyes wrote:
We must admit that our faction still has a very high win rate.

This could be partly because many top players have jumped band waggons and brought up our %. But I do think that we are still A LITTLE too good.

My second army is Guard, and playing into ANY of the 9th edition codex armies is basically impossible. Playing my DE I feel like I have a good chance to win, but the Guard are basically DOA.

I feel for other players rocking 8th edition codicies. I think basically every 9th edition codex needs a tweek, with AdMech and DE at the top of the list.

But this is in an Ideal World, where we do not live.

Regardless, Orcs are probably getting their new codex on Saturday. So all this may be moot when our Green Fungus Overlords take over Wink

It's my theory that we are balanced around what is to come rather than the hangover from 8th. Of course when every army has a selection of free rules/gear/traits balance becomes much tougher.

It's a bit of a messy way of doing things.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19 2021, 14:30

Honestly, its anyones guess. I assumed we would see the Orc codex last weekend, and all we saw were leaks due to GWs own incompetence XD

Maybe I should stop making predictions, I am wrong more often than I am right.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19 2021, 15:39

fisheyes wrote:
Honestly, its anyones guess. I assumed we would see the Orc codex last weekend, and all we saw were leaks due to GWs own incompetence XD

Maybe I should stop making predictions, I am wrong more often than I am right.

Better guessing wrong, than rolling the dice wrong. I am fine with that.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19 2021, 16:02

Haha, you should have seen all the 6s I rolled over the weekend. Wracks were nearly invincible Wink
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19 2021, 16:06

In 6th edition my FnP rolls has driven a good friend of mine near insanity.
He played Tyranids, was almost winning, but I throwed about 25-30 successful FnP... Very Happy

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19 2021, 18:39

Hahaha.

But nobody else has a Shadowfield. We all know it generally dies on the first 2-3 rolls, but once a year you roll 16 dice, and there are no 1s. Happened last month, and I still lost the game, but DAMN was that thematic
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19 2021, 19:28

Now we enter a special point, where I either have to bow down to you, shout about cheating, or just resignate...

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 12:51

You dont need to be good at the game when your good at rolling high numbers XD
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 13:22

So, having luck beats having tactical oversight? Very Happy

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 14:09

Wasnt it Napoleon who said he would rather a lucky general than a skillful general?

Back on topic, Im thinking of switching out my +1S drug to +1A on the wyches. With Orcs coming out with T5, it seems to be worth the nerf to wounding MEQs on 4s (since we have Incubi for that anyway).

Has anyone had good luck in the AdMech match up yet?
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 14:27

Try Cursed Blade. That gives you +1S and the +1A.

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 14:49

Zenotaph wrote:
Try Cursed Blade. That gives you +1S and the +1A.

Or +2S for wounding Orks on 4s.

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 15:17

Cursed blade is such the way to go for Cults IMHO!
but recently i tried and really liked the custom made obsession for Cults:
Precise Killers (blade artist on 5+)
Test of Skill (+1WR vs vehicle or monsters)

Usually the weakness of the cults only armies are the anti-vehicle, but with this build you can even go against T8 vehicle and still wound on 4+ with some really good AP.
If you never tried it, i highly suggest it! Smile (and this will take off-guard most of your opponents!)
(not saying this is better than Strife or CB, just saying this is truly worth a try)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will AdMech steal the show from us?   Will AdMech steal the show from us? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will AdMech steal the show from us?
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next