THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist

Go down 
+70
Grub
ShomaMage
SeabassMcGrath
Anggul
Squidmaster
bigaldevlin
John M
The Red King
barenone
TheNeonArlecchino
jbwms713
Dragontree
krayd
Larndorn
Bleaksoul Brethren
Mr Believer
Korwey
alexwellace
Mngwa
Rakenior
Elzadar
Amornar
Wolf Blackwood
Kung Fu Hamster
Ebonhart
Archon Rievect
Ispa
Theatakcat
megatrons2nd
wanderingblade
Ubernoob1
doriii
thesaltedwound
Barking Agatha
The Shredder
Dethdispenser
Cavash
Tahlemar
Mushkilla
Lord_Alino
rad_dawg
Martinman
Trystis
Siticus the Ancient
Marrath
Mandor
Panic_Puppet
Azdrubael
honethedroll
Unorthodoxy
HokutoAndy
Jehoel
Painjunky
Jimsolo
Expletive Deleted
Tengu
1++
Count Adhemar
sixtyneedles
MyNameDidntFit
darthken239
Crazy_Ivan
Devilogical
WangoFett
Its_Rumble
Foostickens
Bibitybopitybacon
Humnhapymeal
Zenotaph
ulijikaru
74 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19 2014, 10:50

Bibitybopitybacon wrote:
I salivate at the thought of an archon or succubuss with a demiklaive...

... our enemies would cry tears of the most delicious terror.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19 2014, 22:33

Devilogical wrote:
Painjunky wrote:
I hope our new codex will not be as bland as the new SW codex is and the GK and Necrons are rumoured to be.

No new units except for the flyer and dread variants for SW and say goodbye to characters without models.

I`m sorry, but what do you mean by 'bland'?
And what bland in new codexes?

Bland as in very few, if any new units or models, feels like a rushed update rather than a new dex as GW wants to replace all soft cover dexs by the end of the year.

Not that they are weak or uncompetitive mind you, just not getting the attention they deserve.
Back to top Go down
megatrons2nd
Kabalite Warrior
megatrons2nd

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 02:41

I've been thinking....Maybe allow us a cover save from our Raiders during overwatch, and actually allow us to Assault directly from it. Not Disembark, and then assault, but use the Raider and measure 2D6" from it's hull. Possibly assault from the Raider in the movement phase and skip overwatch altogether.

Fluff wise there are many instances of them jumping from a raider directly into combat with almost no response time, so I think this fits.

Hellion
Theatakcat

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 03:06

megatrons2nd wrote:
Maybe allow us a cover save from our Raiders during overwatch, and actually allow us to Assault directly from it.  Not Disembark, and then assault, but use the Raider and measure 2D6" from it's hull.  Possibly assault from the Raider in the movement phase and skip overwatch altogether.

I like your thinking. I do not see anything wrong with this apart from that there should be some sort of penalty in the movement phase for the raider in the movement phase, for example, only being able to move 6 inches. This is in order to balance out the charge from the raider.

Hellion
Ispa

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 04:29

megatrons2nd wrote:
I've been thinking....Maybe allow us a cover save from our Raiders during overwatch, and actually allow us to Assault directly from it.  Not Disembark, and then assault, but use the Raider and measure 2D6" from it's hull.  Possibly assault from the Raider in the movement phase and skip overwatch altogether.

Fluff wise there are many instances of them jumping from a raider directly into combat with almost no response time, so I think this fits.

that last part of assaulting directly from the transport (be it venom or raider) i think is a great idea, and overwatch is directed at the vehicle not the troops. down side to this is you do loose a little distance you get from disembarking, so the transport has to be rediculously close. (and probable blowup from the shooty.)
Back to top Go down
WangoFett
Slave
WangoFett

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 04:59

The best part of that idea is that after the shooting phase you can decide to not assault, and your guys are still in their transport and not shooting the breeze in the open.
Back to top Go down
Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 08:06

Greetings fellow pain inflictors, as a new dark kin pl ayer I would like to offer up some changes I would like to suggest the following-

-wyches/blood brides need poisoned attacks of some sort..4 up on basic ccw or make the optional weapons like the hydra gauntlets poisoned or make an option of adding a lhamaean for a poisoned upgrade.... something is needed is to help them in cc, needing to do a 5 up to wound against the majority of opponents we face, much less if they get pounced by a monsterous creature, is real rough...
-scourges, nice if they were reduced in cost a little but stats remain the same. Give them hit and run maybe or add option to make them have a n added ccw .
-lady malys-make her steel fan shoot d6 poisoned 4+ darts with a flamer template range, like basically portrayed in path of the archon.
-lhamaeans should be made available as an option addition to maybe wyches and/ or the blood brides...make a hard hitting cc unit but they are still not power weapons....2+ wounding allowing saves will frustrate opponents...evil laugh..
-allow moving , shooting and assaulting from a webway portal along with assaulting straight off the raiders...after all these would be how we the dark eldar would behave...
-ADD CASTIGATORS as a unit, just something delicious and evil about a dark eldar derived or tainted wraithguard or wraithlord.
****I suppose that is all I have to add based on my limited play history but I am sure I have missed stuff.
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 10:50

no psykers, maybe a pain engine that had an effect like the shadow in the warp that tyrinids have.
Back to top Go down
Kung Fu Hamster
Hellion
Kung Fu Hamster

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 02:59

What about giving Archons and Haemeys the option of taking Scourge wings? The thought of dropping a unit of Scourges & a Haemey with liquifier gun behind enemy lines and turning units into a gurgling pool of power armor and molten flesh makes me happy.

WangoFett
Slave
WangoFett

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 03:11

Would an archon or hammy have time to do normal archon or hammy stuff once they get wings?
Back to top Go down
Kung Fu Hamster
Hellion
Kung Fu Hamster

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 03:30

WangoFett wrote:
Would an archon or hammy have time to do normal archon or hammy stuff once they get wings?

They can make the time. We're talking about Archons and Haemonculi here, remember?

Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 03:39

I think wings should definitely be an option for Haemonculi since they love self modification. Unless they make changes an Archon wouldn't be a good fit for scourges because they're terrible at close combat.

On the other hand, giving scourges the ability to take hexrifles and having a hammy attached, gives you a really tough unit with 4+/6++ 5+fnp with 46" range that can instakill an HQ. I suppose the same could be said of liquifier guns for scourges as well.

Slave
Wolf Blackwood

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 13:01

Just an idea but how would people feel about having Wyches benefit from their 4+ dodge save in regards to overwatch shots?

As they are meant to be like quicksilver in melee, i can imagine those last few yards of a charge to involve a lot of flips, leaps and other gymnastic style moves that would make putting a bullet/las round/bolt into them a lot more difficult!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 13:52

I really like that idea Wolf Blackwood! I think it is both fluffy and useful without being overpowered. Saving one or two wyches from an over watch would go a long way to giving a dedicated assault unit some added survivability without increasing armor or inv saves to an unrealistic point. Let's hope it happens!
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 22:26

Another bland codex release (GK). A lot of great ideas here but I fear GW is on a less is more kick.
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2014, 13:42

Alright so the real question is do we get Battle Focus or will our craftworld kin remain faster than us? And what about Power From Pain? Will that change?

Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2014, 14:00

In my honest opinion, our Warriors should be made almost aspect warriors. 4 or 3+ armor. How did the guardians (Militia) become the same as Dark Eldar Warriors (blood thirsty warriors training all their life)?
Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2014, 14:13

3+ seems like a lot but I do agree something to buff them slightly to be in between a guardian and aspect warrior (slim space mostly it's wargear....pretty sure some aspect warriors have 4+ could be wrong). And god I hope they don't take power from pain....pain tokens seems "messy" in gws current streamlining format....hopefully not though.
Back to top Go down
Rakenior
Slave
Rakenior

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2014, 14:23

Painjunky wrote:
Another bland codex release (GK). A lot of great ideas here but I fear GW is on a less is more kick.

I haven't read the GK Codex but I do own the Ork one - I find that a lot of people have been complaining about power creep and ridiculous rules for well, as long as I can remember.

It appears that GW have taken a step back made all the codex's "written by committee" and standardized the format, slimmed down the special items etc. Which going by what I've heard of the SW & GK codex's and read of the Ork Codex is beginning to bring them all back down into line, albeit they are sacrificing some of the uniqueness of each individual army in the process.

I'm no GW fanboy but it appears that they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Back to top Go down
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2014, 14:43

Yeah; The train wreck that is Eldar is testament to the problem. I still think they need re-release that codex and bring back in line.

I actually like the way GW is heading. They are providing the core workings of the army - then releasing supplements/formations for unique style of play. Now I know this is pretty much how video games are heading with paying for "downloadable" content. However, this hobby is not meant for people not willing to spend money.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2014, 15:06

Dethdispenser wrote:
Yeah; The train wreck that is Eldar is testament to the problem. I still think they need re-release that codex and bring back in line.

They really only need to fix two things in the Eldar Codex - Wave Serpents and Warp Spiders. I struggle to think of anything else that causes me or my opponents any grief. Wraithknights are good but they are pretty easy to deal with. Eldar infantry are decent enough but nothing to really write home about. The Seer Council used to be OP but with the new psychic phase it's been toned down a fair bit. Make the Serpent Shield a one-shot weapon and make Warp Spiders Jump Infantry. Job's a good'un!!

Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2014, 15:38

You have a point Count. I do feel Serpent shields can be nerfed in a subtle FAQ. D3+1 shots is more appropriate. Warp Spiders should have to choose to either Warp Jump or Battle Focus.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23 2014, 07:39

No! Don`t do it with my warp spiders!
 Crying or Very sad 

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23 2014, 20:27

One thing I just started thinking about is swarms.

A new unit of some small coven-creatures created by the haemonculi. Not scoring, 3 wounds each, T3, maybe an invul-save and feel no pain, loads of poisoned melee attacks.

40k needs more little critters. The usual necron scarabs and tyranid rippers are not enough!

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23 2014, 21:07

You mean like little imp creatures that are created by haemonculi to be used as servants? So swarm units with wounds each T3 5+ Invuln and FnP.... Like 5 5+ Poison attacks a base. All that for say... 15 points?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next