THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist

Go down 
+70
Grub
ShomaMage
SeabassMcGrath
Anggul
Squidmaster
bigaldevlin
John M
The Red King
barenone
TheNeonArlecchino
jbwms713
Dragontree
krayd
Larndorn
Bleaksoul Brethren
Mr Believer
Korwey
alexwellace
Mngwa
Rakenior
Elzadar
Amornar
Wolf Blackwood
Kung Fu Hamster
Ebonhart
Archon Rievect
Ispa
Theatakcat
megatrons2nd
wanderingblade
Ubernoob1
doriii
thesaltedwound
Barking Agatha
The Shredder
Dethdispenser
Cavash
Tahlemar
Mushkilla
Lord_Alino
rad_dawg
Martinman
Trystis
Siticus the Ancient
Marrath
Mandor
Panic_Puppet
Azdrubael
honethedroll
Unorthodoxy
HokutoAndy
Jehoel
Painjunky
Jimsolo
Expletive Deleted
Tengu
1++
Count Adhemar
sixtyneedles
MyNameDidntFit
darthken239
Crazy_Ivan
Devilogical
WangoFett
Its_Rumble
Foostickens
Bibitybopitybacon
Humnhapymeal
Zenotaph
ulijikaru
74 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 14:28

I'm with you Mr Believer, i think a lot of the rumoured changes are great, and I can certainly see myself winning games with this codex if the rumours are true.

And I'm sure that the codex authors are aware of sites like this, it's no surprise to me that the requests for certain things we've made are being changed this time round, especially mandrakes.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 14:39

I think so as well. Looking forward to giving a new dex a go. I wouldn't start screaming nerf like many are, but rather it looks to me that it is at risk of being bland and messy. I would say its coincidence rather then an active correlation. Of coarse mandrakes were going to change. They were the biggest joke in 40K before!

Most of the suggestions on this thread were going to be a long shot anyway. But there were some really great ideas that sounded balanced and above all fun. I'm holding out for something that allows our skimmers the ability to jink and shoot normally. Because if you are an army that cant take hits but hits hard, not getting the chance to hit at all at the cost of potentially not exploding in a hideous wreck is a hell of a price. RIP Flickerfields

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 14:49

Quote :
Of coarse mandrakes were going to change. They were the biggest joke in 40K before!

Look at pyrovores. Everybody also was thinking that unit will surely change, its totally useless. Change would have been easy. Torrent would have been a good addition. But it did not change.

Despite the rumored changes for Mandrakes I still cant see any use for them. Yes they may have a 2+ cover save (which gets ignored by most armies anyways and Flamers do exist) and they may start with bale blast. But whats their job?
They are not shooty, they are not threatening in melee (fear my S3 attacks, my lack of granades and my non-existan armor) and they add nothing to the army. Still not convinced that anything else than a complete rework could make them perform.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 15:12

take em in a bastion with a comms relay...

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 15:13

If they were troops they'd be worth it. But since they aren't they arent worth it.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 15:16

Bleaksoul Brethren wrote:
If they were troops they'd be worth it. But since they aren't they arent worth it.

I'm wondering if Wracks will be in the same boat.

In the current book, they're only tolerable as troops. And, it seems like they're still elites but now without any capacity to be taken as troops.
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 15:18

My guess is the supplement will make wracks troops.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 15:24

My guess is the supplement will make wracks troops.

Now, Mr. Kirby, this is something of an unusual request, but could you stick your head in this filing cabinet...
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 15:33

Their shooting is better than our basic troops (ok, slightly shorter range, but more shots and AP4 with soulblaze), and the models are much, much cooler. cheers

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
notts
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 17:12

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
I'm with you Mr Believer, i think a lot of the rumoured changes are great
can you elucidate which rumoured changes look great? Curious!
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 17:17

notts wrote:
The_Burning_Eye wrote:

The changes to Scourges for one. Four heavy weapons in squad of Five
Back to top Go down
notts
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 17:20

John M wrote:
notts wrote:
The_Burning_Eye wrote:

yup, that's one of the two buffs I can see.

can't see "a lot" of great changes though.

Hoping Burning eye can open my eyes, and make them burn less from the salty nerd tears they are currently weeping!
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 17:22

notts wrote:
John M wrote:
notts wrote:
The_Burning_Eye wrote:

Hoping Burning eye can open my eyes, and make them burn less from the salty nerd tears they are currently weeping!

I suppose you could argue all the points reductions are lots of good changes lol!
Back to top Go down
notts
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 17:25

Grub wrote:
I would highly doubt that any of the writers or employees concerned with codexes ever stumble across forums like this or take them seriously. Why would they. I mean, the guys who play dark eldar and arguably know what they need what they need fixed best, those with the most experience and best understanding of the army certainly wouldn't have any useful input. No its better if its done by people who have probably never played dark eldar or even play tested them.  Still, sometimes ignorance can lead to genius. We will see at the end of the week!
the OP dark elf codex from a few years back was expressly written after consulting the druchiiiiiii forum btw.
Back to top Go down
notts
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 17:28

John M wrote:
notts wrote:
John M wrote:
notts wrote:
The_Burning_Eye wrote:

I suppose you could argue all the points reductions are lots of good changes lol!
There will, imo, be quite a level points field.

much like grey knights. the knights are cheaper. the upgrades costs more- unit costs the same.

kabalites might be cheaper, splinter cannons cost more (and are worse)- unit costs the same.

Talos and razorwing flat out got more expensive.

I don't think we'll be seeing considerably, or even marginally bigger armies than we currently do.

Even when they have slashed points, it's not enough. Hellions are 13 pts now. Great. an ork storm boy is 9, and better.

Of course wont know this till saturday!
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 17:30

notts wrote:
John M wrote:
notts wrote:
John M wrote:
notts wrote:
The_Burning_Eye wrote:

There will, imo, be quite a level points field.

much like grey knights. the knights are cheaper. the upgrades costs more- unit costs the same.

kabalites might be cheaper, splinter cannons cost more (and are worse)- unit costs the same.

Talos and razorwing flat out got more expensive.

I don't think we'll be seeing considerably, or even marginally bigger armies than we currently do.

Even when they have slashed points, it's not enough. Hellions are 13 pts now. Great. an ork storm boy is 9, and better.

Of course wont know this till saturday!

indeed, it is all rumour at this point in time.

I read on one of these threads dark lances for squads were getting cheaper

though I still haven't gotten over the lack of a sniper pale
Back to top Go down
notts
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 17:35

indeed, I'm just wondering what burning eyes has seen, or interpreted differently, to suggest a lot of great rumours?

so far I see 2 solid buffs (scourge 4 weapons, razorwing FA), 2 potential buffs (PfP and new vehicle upgrades. not convinced either is "better" though, and I dislike being encouraged to start with entire army in reserve) a lot of sideways movement, and a lot of nerfs.

is dark lances for squads a buff? unless they can take multiple of them, you don't want warriors either footstomping with one, or not being able to move in a raider with one. apart from 5 with a DL to objective guard i guess
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 17:38

I don't get the comparisons between Hellions and Stormboyz. Whichever one gets the charge off will be the one that most likely wins, but even though that's more likely to be the Stormboy it's still not a sure thing. The Hellions will overwatch with weapons that ignore Stormboy armour. Then they'll go first in combat with strength 4 from their Hellglaives, potentially strength 5 with drugs, with two attacks each. Then they can hit and run and charge whatever is left in their turn. And a unit of Hellions charging an equal sized unit of Stormboyz, should that happen, would absolutely annihilate them.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 17:40

equal sized, or equal point valued?
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 17:43

The problem with Hellions is that 13/pts apiece is too much for T3 5+ horde which has to dash across the board.

Especially without Baron.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 17:45

Hmmm... Equal sized units. If you're looking at equal points and smaller unit sizes, the Stormboyz probably edge it, but if you're looking at slightly larger units, say, ten Hellions versus fourteen Stormboyz, the Hellions could still pull it off.

Thirteen points seems ok to me - they're jump infantry, so they can deep strike automatically, so you're not necessarily dashing across the board with them. I wouldn't think they could get much cheaper for the way everything stacks with them.
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 17:52

Deepstriking hordes... sticking them into a right, mathematically correct formation is a mess, and they take too much place on board which increases the risk of mishap.

Still T3 5+ for a cost of Marine and without any additional protection.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 18:11

Notts:
Court of the archon - min creature restriction lifted, medusa getting a consistent reliable template weapon, ability to actually utilise the high toughness of the sslyth to our advantage finally

Deep strike on vehicles for free

Archite glaive

Web way portals

Talos in units of three

Mandrakes getting baleblast from turn 1

Scourges getting 4 specials in units of 5

Razor wings to fast attack

Splinter racks working on more weapon types

Power from pain working by turn instead of unit by unit (and no transference of pain token stupidity)

Detachments with up to 6 fast attack choices

I realise not everyone will have the same opinion but for me, and the way I want to play dark eldar, these are all great changes. There are others but I'm too busy to list all of them

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 18:36

I agree with burning eye, yes some things have been nerfed but others have been boosted.
All the above sound like they will be alot of fun which at the end of the day is what its about.
My play style will have to change to adapt but that is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 19:20

But the only good things are:

- Overall costs drop
- Deepstrike for free, can shoot after DS (Sliscus' trait for everyone basically)
- PfP

Rest is more ot less gimmicky and not going to have a huge impact in terms of pure DE army (we cannot abuse WWP by ourselves as hard as CWE can)

May be Scourges can work as well. Depends. It's been rumoured that Lances on Infantry are cheaper...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next