THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist

Go down 
+70
Grub
ShomaMage
SeabassMcGrath
Anggul
Squidmaster
bigaldevlin
John M
The Red King
barenone
TheNeonArlecchino
jbwms713
Dragontree
krayd
Larndorn
Bleaksoul Brethren
Mr Believer
Korwey
alexwellace
Mngwa
Rakenior
Elzadar
Amornar
Wolf Blackwood
Kung Fu Hamster
Ebonhart
Archon Rievect
Ispa
Theatakcat
megatrons2nd
wanderingblade
Ubernoob1
doriii
thesaltedwound
Barking Agatha
The Shredder
Dethdispenser
Cavash
Tahlemar
Mushkilla
Lord_Alino
rad_dawg
Martinman
Trystis
Siticus the Ancient
Marrath
Mandor
Panic_Puppet
Azdrubael
honethedroll
Unorthodoxy
HokutoAndy
Jehoel
Painjunky
Jimsolo
Expletive Deleted
Tengu
1++
Count Adhemar
sixtyneedles
MyNameDidntFit
darthken239
Crazy_Ivan
Devilogical
WangoFett
Its_Rumble
Foostickens
Bibitybopitybacon
Humnhapymeal
Zenotaph
ulijikaru
74 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16 2014, 02:03

Almost every unit/vehicle/wargear item needs a points reduction.

Infantry needs a decent buff along the lines of battle focus. In the fluff your average DE is a superior warrior than a craftworlder.

Most arcane wargear badly needs a buff.

Archons need access to jetbikes and skyboards or a big beastie.

Need more AA.

Need more anti-psychic.

Need a better CC delivery system.

Need more dakka especially AT.

Need more tricksy night fighting, DS type stuff.

That's all I can think of for now.

Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16 2014, 09:31

Jimsolo wrote:
Sigh.  Didn't even know they were happening until the second book was out.  And I was all like, "it's okay, I'll just go to Amazon and get the first one."

Sigh.

Now to wait for an omnibus.

Huh, really makes me glad I have a Kindle...
Back to top Go down
Jehoel
Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16 2014, 09:46

A drug making Fnp a +4
Being able to dodge overwatch
Better harlequins
PGL on klaivex
Mandrakes should ve able to fire on turn one and emerge from shadow (deepstrike without scatter as long as at least one touches some terrain)
A HQ on a jetbike or an Archon chariot
Court not demanding at least 1 of every type
Better nightfigting
an upgrade givong the ability to shoot with full BS after jink
Some serious anti psyker war gear
New models for grots and characters

The readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes?

- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Kabal of Eternal Torment/Cult of Last Caress/Coven of Wasted Tears
Back to top Go down
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17 2014, 18:18

I'd like to see underused models get some decent rules

Turn Scourges into DE Anti-Air

Give them skyfire, jetpacks, and interceptor. Scourges now have a unique purpose in DE lists knocking out flyers and intercepting enemy reserves while being able to move and fire their heavy weapons. Thematically it means the scourges are eagle-eyed hunters with unerring accuracy that can bring their firepower to where it's needed like the master of the dark city spires that they are.

DE would now have all kinds of mobility covered too:
transports- venom, raider
jetbikes- reaver
jump pack- hellion
jetpack- scourge

Mandrakes
-Baleblasts don't require pain tokens to activate
-Baleblasts grant Mandrakes assault and defensive grenades
-Mandrake melee attacks and baleblasts get +1 strength when they get a pain token

They'd finally be able to do what they're intended to do.

Now for fun new additions...

Vector striking RAZORwings, it's already in the name!

It's mentioned in the fluff that reaver champs often become razorwing pilots, so why not let them continue their signature fighting style? Then give them an upgrade that lets them slice through other flyers well.

It would also bolster DE anti-air further, just imagine your Razorwing vector striking through a necron UFO or chaos dinobot.

Last edited by HokutoAndy on Tue Jun 17 2014, 23:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17 2014, 21:23

Scourges...ever the red headed step children. I did add some to my Webway Portal list though.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18 2014, 09:36

Unorthodoxy wrote:
Scourges...ever the red headed step children.  I did add some to my Webway Portal list though.

Doesn't that apply more to the mandrakes?

Hellion
honethedroll

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18 2014, 14:29

Mandrakes are the children who were so sickly they were thrown into the slave pits, as fodder.

Though they did get a bit of a buff in 7th... Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18 2014, 16:02

Buffed Mandrakes, isn't that a new dish?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18 2014, 21:06

Quote :
Vector striking RAZORwings, it's already in the name!

There is Apoc formation for Razorwings that does exactly that.

1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28 2014, 13:19

I'm seeing a pattern emerge with Eldar battle focus and now the changes to Waaagh! Man I hope we get the same, or even a combo of all 3 actions...Hellion blocks anyone.....

Wych

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29 2014, 19:31

More tricksy things would be nice. Points increase on venoms, or at least on the cost of the second cannon/keep price the same but remove the free flickerfield, they're a bit too busted. Unglut the heavy support a bit, probably by moving the Razorwing to Fast Attack where it's more appropriate.

Here's a big one - make Webway Portals a fortification choice for Dark Eldar. 0-3 Webway portals at 50 points per portal, may not be placed within 12" of another portal. Count as Impassable Terrain, any non-vehicle Dark Eldar unit that enters from reserves/ongoing reserves may count the edge of the webway portal as their table edge. Venoms are allowed to use webway portals due to their small size (and fits the fluff). Once per turn, a Dark Eldar unit that ends its movement phase fully within 2" of a Webway Portal may choose to enter ongoing reserve. If it does so, it must re-emerge from a Webway Portal rather than a table edge.

Hellion
honethedroll

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30 2014, 03:57

Those are cool ideas for the webway portal, Panic, but I think the main thing for fixing it, is just giving giving us control over where go without requiring physical presence in the location. Because what kind of sense does that make? They should have some form of the deep strike rule that allows same turn assault.

Or maybe they could be dropped in points and added as a dedicated transport. There are a lot of cool ways to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30 2014, 10:52

honethedroll wrote:
Those are cool ideas for the webway portal, Panic, but I think the main thing for fixing it, is just giving giving us control over where go without requiring physical presence in the location. Because what kind of sense does that make? They should have some form of the deep strike rule that allows same turn assault.

Or maybe they could be dropped in points and added as a dedicated transport. There are a lot of cool ways to fix it.

You will never have assault from a Webway Portal. At least not in this edition.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30 2014, 22:45

The codexes are so hit and miss now. Nids was very average but was saved by formations. AM is just so frickin awesome no one needed MT. Orks look ok but are getting a supp with heaps of formations.

I have no idea what the DE dex will bring I just know I will have to buy the supp to find out. I'm not going to buy anymore models until I see the dex and the supp.

Save you money boys.
Back to top Go down
honethedroll
Hellion
honethedroll

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2014, 02:43

Mandor wrote:
honethedroll wrote:

That's an interesting assertion, are you part of the dev team? Do you have some information the rest of us don't?
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2014, 06:59

Maybe when you hobby a diorama with dark eldar assaulting out of a webwayportal GW will think about it? Would look cool too.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2014, 08:54

honethedroll wrote:
Mandor wrote:
honethedroll wrote:

That's an interesting assertion, are you part of the dev team? Do you have some information the rest of us don't?

I'm sure he's not part of the dev team but tell me something. Are there any examples of being able to assault when arriving from reserve left in the game? I can't think of any. GW has systematically removed every last one of them over the course of 6e and 7e. So why would they now introduce one?

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2014, 10:04

Count Adhemar wrote:
GW has systematically removed every last one of them over the course of 6e and 7e. So why would they now introduce one?

Because Dark Eldar are just that great and Phil Kelly came up with Serpent Shield that doesn't work like any other defensive wargear in the game, so he'll think of some evil cheatery for us as well? Very Happy

One can dream, but sadly what you say is true. Gone are the days of racing forward to plop down the Webway portal to get fresh reinforcements pouring out of it. As a whole, it's probably for the best as charging from reserves has no counterplay. Sadly, our codex at the time was made with such lack of counterplay in mind. Hopefully we'll get something that compensates, but who really knows if that'll come to be.

Trystis
Kabalite Warrior
Trystis

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2014, 10:11

Count Adhemar wrote:
honethedroll wrote:
Mandor wrote:
honethedroll wrote:

I'm sure he's not part of the dev team but tell me something. Are there any examples of being able to assault when arriving from reserve left in the game? I can't think of any. GW has systematically removed every last one of them over the course of 6e and 7e. So why would they now introduce one?

I think blood angels still have the old heroic intervention, but I would be shocked if they kept it. Assaulting out of the web way isn't going to happen. I would hope for formations that give bonuses for coming out of the web way or things along those lines. A portal as a fortification sounds good, partially because I dislike the idea of DE using traditional fortifications.

Honestly I'm not too excited by a new codex because I'm such a fan of this one. I have read a lot of the codexes and this one is one the best I think. It has fluffy rules that have game impact and create a unique army.

It would be nice to have some anti-tank beyond lances. For instance better availability of haywire, heat laces, or something new. Lances are ok, but for the price it's hard to get enough.

I would like to see mandrakes be made more points efficient, and it would be awesome if they had their old deployment rules which were at least fun.

A chariot for wytches/succubus/archon seems like it could be fun. Jet bikes for archons would be nice. Also there was an old piece of war gear called a punisher maybe? I only vaguely remember it, but it was like a +1s power weapon, it would be nice to have that back depending on price.

I would eventually like to see supplements for kabal, coven, and kult forces. It would be cool to get a harlequin supplement that all eldar could use, kinda like inquisition. Hopefully with some psyker support in it. I don't want psykers in my pure DE lists, but it would be fun to have more access to them beyond CW eldar allies.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2014, 15:57

[quote="Trystis"][quote="Count Adhemar"][quote="honethedroll"]
Mandor wrote:
honethedroll wrote:
Are there any examples of being able to assault when arriving from reserve left in the game? I can't think of any. GW has systematically removed every last one of them over the course of 6e and 7e. So why would they now introduce one?

I think blood angels still have the old heroic intervention, but I would be shocked if they kept it. Assaulting out of the web way isn't going to happen. I would hope for formations that give bonuses for coming out of the web way or things along those lines. A portal as a fortification sounds good, partially because I dislike the idea of DE using traditional fortifications.

Yep, we still have the old Heroic Intervention...for the next few months, anyway. I'm honestly surprised GW didn't FAQ it away.
Back to top Go down
ulijikaru
Hellion
ulijikaru

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2014, 16:33

Panic_Puppet wrote:
Here's a big one - make Webway Portals a fortification choice for Dark Eldar. 0-3 Webway portals at 50 points per portal, may not be placed within 12" of another portal. Count as Impassable Terrain, any non-vehicle Dark Eldar unit that enters from reserves/ongoing reserves may count the edge of the webway portal as their table edge. Venoms are allowed to use webway portals due to their small size (and fits the fluff). Once per turn, a Dark Eldar unit that ends its movement phase fully within 2" of a Webway Portal may choose to enter ongoing reserve. If it does so, it must re-emerge from a Webway Portal rather than a table edge.

I really like this fortification idea but as an addition to the wargear and not a replacement. Imagine this: a band of bloodthirsty wyches huddled around a pair of webway fortifications in their own deployment zone. A sacrificial homunculus dodges enemy fire in his custom venom, leaps from it with unnatural grace and activates the webway portal in base contact, its farthest edge a mere 9 inches from the enemy lines. From there the wyches move their six inches--perhaps only 3 inches due to some of their movement spent traversing the web. They measure the remainder of their move from the webway move as they will and are free to charge in the ensuing assault phase. They were not held in reserve, but on the field, the enemy had a chance to fire at them but now it is too late.

I really like this idea Panic Puppet. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2014, 17:59

Thanks Smile. Clearly needs refining but just something I thought might make sense, as Trystis said - a traditional fortification doesn't make sense for Dark Eldar. But something like that makes sense in a fortifications slot now that we have it available.

Slave
rad_dawg

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2014, 18:55

Actually I'm kinda surprised GW hasn't been doing faction specific fortifications. Would be cool to see optional rules for this in a book like escalation in the previous edition. Necron tesla towers, dark eldar webway portals, tyranid hive-like fortification, ork ramparts, etc. Our other fortifications could be rising out of a horizontal webway portal as a base. Seems like a lot of development room that's overlooked and could add a lot of depth to the game.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02 2014, 03:26

I'd love to see a fortification that is a webway portal. Something like Stargate!

Also, with the inclusion of the Stompah in the Ork dex, could we be treated soon to a Tantalus as a dedicated transport??? 15 Haywire Wyches on the move...brutal

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02 2014, 06:14

I haven't read anything said by the other people, but here it is.

I would like Archons to be able to take Skyboards or Jetbikes, and if they take a jetbike then our bikers become troops, and if he/she takes a skyboard then hellions are troops.

I would also like Hellions to lose 3-4 points to make them worth it by themselves, that way they'd be atleast a viable troop choice if you took an Archon or the Baron.

Then it would be nice if Hellions could take haywire grenades.

That is my general wishlisting for the DE so that I can finally play a good Hellion list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next