THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist

Go down 
+70
Grub
ShomaMage
SeabassMcGrath
Anggul
Squidmaster
bigaldevlin
John M
The Red King
barenone
TheNeonArlecchino
jbwms713
Dragontree
krayd
Larndorn
Bleaksoul Brethren
Mr Believer
Korwey
alexwellace
Mngwa
Rakenior
Elzadar
Amornar
Wolf Blackwood
Kung Fu Hamster
Ebonhart
Archon Rievect
Ispa
Theatakcat
megatrons2nd
wanderingblade
Ubernoob1
doriii
thesaltedwound
Barking Agatha
The Shredder
Dethdispenser
Cavash
Tahlemar
Mushkilla
Lord_Alino
rad_dawg
Martinman
Trystis
Siticus the Ancient
Marrath
Mandor
Panic_Puppet
Azdrubael
honethedroll
Unorthodoxy
HokutoAndy
Jehoel
Painjunky
Jimsolo
Expletive Deleted
Tengu
1++
Count Adhemar
sixtyneedles
MyNameDidntFit
darthken239
Crazy_Ivan
Devilogical
WangoFett
Its_Rumble
Foostickens
Bibitybopitybacon
Humnhapymeal
Zenotaph
ulijikaru
74 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 17:32

sixtyneedles wrote:
The introduction of the Castigators in the novel is what got my hopes up are those wraithknight size?

^ this

also

- a super-heavy barge of awesome, limited to one per army Razz
-shooty HQ, nothing like an Archon with the feel of an arrogant big game hunter
-more troop choices are vital, two is hardly sufficient choice.
-I'd like to see a sniper weapons available to more units
-bigger creatures would be fun
Back to top Go down
bigaldevlin
Slave
bigaldevlin

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 20 2014, 22:42

personally on my wish list I want to see some major changes ti mandrakes (like everyone else) I remember getting our current codex the day it was released reading their fluff and thinking wow these guys will be awesome.... then I read the rules. infilitrate just isnt right for them, they appear from your shadows not creep in them. I honestly couldnt believe they didnt at least have the deep strike rule if not a similar rule to marbo.

other than that I was happy so would mainly like to see just something similar to what we have now with minor tweeks.

though I would love rending on wyches or at least some dodge against ranged attacks
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21 2014, 10:33

At a very minimum, I'd be happy for Mandrakes to just get poisoned close combat weapons.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21 2014, 15:56

Whats the point, they already wound marines of 4. Would be worse on T3 targets.

The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21 2014, 16:20

Well cc would allow for re rolls.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21 2014, 17:39

Azdrubael wrote:
Whats the point, they already wound marines of 4. Would be worse on T3 targets.

They'd get rerolls

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21 2014, 18:07

Very negligible gain. And no advantage against T4 at all.
Even AP4 would be better then poison, at least they will be able to kill something.

Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21 2014, 19:14

Poison has got worse in 7th edition. It would be nice to see wracks S4 since otherwise the only time they are really going to get it to use is after getting two pain tokens and charging a unit with T3...

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21 2014, 19:27

I accept that this is a really revolutionary idea, but what if (just hear me out), wracks actually had  3+ poison?

I mean, is it so unreasonable that the army of poisons actually has access to some good poisons on their troops?
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21 2014, 19:30

The Shredder wrote:
I accept that this is a really revolutionary idea, but what if (just hear me out), wracks actually had  3+ poison?

I mean, is it so unreasonable that the army of poisons actually has access to some good poisons on their troops?

Elves wounding space marines on a 3? Egads, you're a mad man.

Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22 2014, 09:55

I really don't understand the nerf to poison in this edition. It was well thought out so that it was never totally pointless, but now it's very often useless because a lot of units have the same strength and toughness. Doesn't make sense that they would change it.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22 2014, 13:38

The Red King wrote:
Well cc would allow for re rolls.

The problem with giving mandrakes poison (as I see it), is that it would be redundant, because wracks are our 'unit with all 4+ poison'. Rending or shred might be a good alternative. In any case, Nightfiends need more options.

Some other wishlist items:
Flickerfields, in addition to their 5+ invul save, should count the vehicle they are on as closed-topped for purposes of 'no escape' and for vehicle damage table rolls.  (or, at the very very least, confer that 5+ save to the passengers when hit by 'no escape')

Incubi should count as having assault grenades when charging due to their tormenters (which are in the fluff, but apparently cut out of the rules of the last codex), or something similarly fluffy (maybe something similar to what the howling banshees get).

Bring back the Dracon as a cheaper-than-an-archon kabalite HQ choice (2W, slightly lower stats in other areas, same wargear options)
Back to top Go down
SeabassMcGrath
Slave
SeabassMcGrath

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22 2014, 17:09

Actually, Darkness is just the lack of light, so technically "darkness" can only travel at the speed that the light recedes, which means it would travel at the same speed. TROLOLOLOLOL

4-1-1
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22 2014, 17:34

SeabassMcGrath wrote:
Actually, Darkness is just the lack of light, so technically "darkness" can only travel at the speed that the light recedes, which means it would travel at the same speed. TROLOLOLOLOL

Mindblow!

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 22:36

SeabassMcGrath wrote:

LOGIC
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 22:56

SeabassMcGrath wrote:

Well, even more technically, darkness doesn't 'travel' at all. Darkness cannot travel because it does not de facto exist in any physical sense, much like heat exists but cold does not.

It's a bit like saying "whiteness travels at the same speed as my eraser across a piece of paper."
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 23:27

Guys who lives in London? They need to PM me asap!

John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 23:28

Elzadar wrote:
Guys who lives in London? They need to PM me asap!

why?
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24 2014, 16:21

We also need some missile options for the Razorwing that are anti-tank/anti-flyer.
Back to top Go down
ShomaMage
Slave
ShomaMage

PostSubject: New Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24 2014, 17:20

I'm sure this has been done before but I thought I'd share what I'd like to see change in the new codex.  If you believe the rumors, it sounds like 3 codices (DE, Covens, Wyches).  I'm strictly talking about equipment and am going on the assumption that all of our choices will remain (i.e. entries without models won't be removed).

Troops:
-Kabalite Warriors
  Add two close combat weapons
  Able to take haywire grenades
-Wyches
  Gain Hit and Run

Elites:
-Trueborn
  Add two close combat weapons
-Bloodbrides
  Poison attacks
  Gain Hit and Run
-Mandrakes
  Something useful Wink

Fast Attack:
-Scourges
  Gain skyfire (because they fly very high in the fluff at crazy speeds)
-Hellions
  Gain Jink
-Reavers
  Grav Talon becomes a Graviton weapon

Equipment:
-Agoniser
  Ignore Armor
-Phantasm Grenade Launcher
  Grant Shrouded to the squad
-Ghostplate Armor
  4+ sv, 5+ invul

EDIT
-New abilities
Battle Focus (like Eldar)
-All Splinter Weapons
Gain Rending

I haven't played at all with the coven side of the house so I can't really add anything there.  Perhaps someone else can add to this?  Let me know what you all think.

Merging this thread with the existing Wishlist one.  Gob.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25 2014, 14:17

An idea for a global rule to our vehicles:

Lightning Reaction:
A skimmer with lightning reaction does not need to choose to jink before an opponent rolls to hit, but rather after the rolls for penetrating have been made (but before the results of any penetrating or glancing hits have been made).

Very simple, and I think it would be a nice addition with the new 7th edition rules. Could also be a step to making Ravagers more useful again

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 25 2014, 14:43

A vehicle upgrade perhaps or passive ability that reduces the opponents BS when shooting at it due to the "speed" and light frame of the craft. Transports can move at cruising speed and passengers can shoot at either normal BS or at BS 3.

Being able to assault directly off a raider or venom that has moved over 6". If you cross a unit you can assault it, scatter from where you passed it. If you land on the unit you gain hammer of wrath, then take dangerous terrain tests then normal assault with no overwatch. If you end up not in contact with the unit you wanted to charge, take dangerous terrain tests, then D6 assault with overwatch as normal. That would be fun.

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 13:34

Has anybody noticed that we seem to be getting a lot of the stuff we asked for in this thread? Even NOT getting some of the stuff we said we didn't want? Obviously everything is still rumours at this point, but if they are true...

1. "We're fine without a big monster kit cheers. It's unfluffy. Voidraven would be good though."
2. "Some plastic elites would be nice, any chance of that?"
3. "Please fix mandrakes."
4. "Let Scourges take four weapons no matter the squad size."
5. "Move the Razorwing to fast attack."
6. "Plastic HQs, that'd be handy."
7. "If we're destined to lose the Baron, please make Hellions cheaper."
8. "Some of the combat drugs aren't that helpful, could you change that please?"
9. "Don't feel obliged to shoehorn psykers in. Something anti-psyker would be useful though."
10. "How about not scattering on the deep strike?"
11. "A power weapon that gives the wielder extra strength would be really helpful."
12. "Make the agoniser a poisoned weapon."

These are ones just off the top of my head that I can remember reading, and a huge part of why I'm so stoked for this book. Maybe I have a selective memory, but it seems like short of the really overpowered stuff people wanted that no other army can do (specifically assaulting from reserve), we're getting a lot of treats. Perhaps there is such a thing as being too optimistic though...
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 13:59

I've noticed we've got absolutely nothing that I've asked for. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 14:22

I would highly doubt that any of the writers or employees concerned with codexes ever stumble across forums like this or take them seriously. Why would they. I mean, the guys who play dark eldar and arguably know what they need what they need fixed best, those with the most experience and best understanding of the army certainly wouldn't have any useful input. No its better if its done by people who have probably never played dark eldar or even play tested them. Still, sometimes ignorance can lead to genius. We will see at the end of the week!

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next