THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist

Go down 
+70
Grub
ShomaMage
SeabassMcGrath
Anggul
Squidmaster
bigaldevlin
John M
The Red King
barenone
TheNeonArlecchino
jbwms713
Dragontree
krayd
Larndorn
Bleaksoul Brethren
Mr Believer
Korwey
alexwellace
Mngwa
Rakenior
Elzadar
Amornar
Wolf Blackwood
Kung Fu Hamster
Ebonhart
Archon Rievect
Ispa
Theatakcat
megatrons2nd
wanderingblade
Ubernoob1
doriii
thesaltedwound
Barking Agatha
The Shredder
Dethdispenser
Cavash
Tahlemar
Mushkilla
Lord_Alino
rad_dawg
Martinman
Trystis
Siticus the Ancient
Marrath
Mandor
Panic_Puppet
Azdrubael
honethedroll
Unorthodoxy
HokutoAndy
Jehoel
Painjunky
Jimsolo
Expletive Deleted
Tengu
1++
Count Adhemar
sixtyneedles
MyNameDidntFit
darthken239
Crazy_Ivan
Devilogical
WangoFett
Its_Rumble
Foostickens
Bibitybopitybacon
Humnhapymeal
Zenotaph
ulijikaru
74 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Theatakcat
Hellion
Theatakcat

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23 2014, 21:31

Mngwa wrote:

40k needs more little critters. The usual necron scarabs and tyranid rippers are not enough!

What about the nurglings?

Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23 2014, 21:36

Theatakcat wrote:
Mngwa wrote:

40k needs more little critters. The usual necron scarabs and tyranid rippers are not enough!

What about the nurglings?

Stuff that I forget doesn't count!

Lord_Alino wrote:
You mean like little imp creatures that are created by haemonculi to be used as servants? So swarm units with wounds each T3 5+ Invuln and FnP.... Like 5 5+ Poison attacks a base. All that for say... 15 points?
Exactly something like that!
Maybe a high S for rerolls on the poison on weaker stuff (especially if +5 poison)

They could be something commanded by beast masters but I would also enjoy an independent one that just swarms over the battlefield and that can easily hide behind a wall.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23 2014, 22:12

Hmm... Maybe a Fast Attack choice (FIRST COVEN FAST ATTACK CHOICE! Unless you count Scourges)

And you can bring up to 5 Wracks with them. For each Wrack in the squad you may have 3 bases. Although if All the Wracks were to die the creatures would attack the nearest unit Friend or Foe?
Back to top Go down
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23 2014, 23:34

The Haemonculi already have something along those lines. They are ripper look-a-likes called Haemovores, they are on the feet of the Urien model. Basically worms with teeth, i could imagine seeing units of swarms of them which would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24 2014, 14:59

alexwellace wrote:
The Haemonculi already have something along those lines. They are ripper look-a-likes called Haemovores, they are on the feet of the Urien model. Basically worms with teeth, i could imagine seeing units of swarms of them which would be cool.

I didn't know this... and that would be an amazing unit O.o
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26 2014, 08:39

Rakenior wrote:
Painjunky wrote:
Another bland codex release (GK). A lot of great ideas here but I fear GW is on a less is more kick.

I haven't read the GK Codex but I do own the Ork one - I find that a lot of people have been complaining about power creep and ridiculous rules for well, as long as I can remember.

It appears that GW have taken a step back made all the codex's "written by committee" and standardized the format, slimmed down the special items etc. Which going by what I've heard of the SW & GK codex's and read of the Ork Codex is beginning to bring them all back down into line, albeit they are sacrificing some of the uniqueness of each individual army in the process.

I'm no GW fanboy but it appears that they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Yeah I can see your point Rakenior but we are paying premium prices here and its not like you just pay for the rules once. There is always another edition, codex, supplement, dataslate, etc.

For what GW are charging I think unique, interesting AND balanced is not too much to ask for.
Back to top Go down
Korwey
Hellion
Korwey

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2014, 21:23

All I want is a Succubus on Reaver jetbike with stealth and some decent AA:)
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2014, 23:49

They should start doing something like 1 codex a season. I mean... they have like almost nothing left to release this Edition. It's only been like 4 months since it came out as well.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06 2014, 17:34

Two different drug-charts to roll on:

"Combat drugs"
and
"Support drugs" (someone come up with a better name plz)

You roll for each at the start of the game, everyone with the drug-gear is affected by either one or both of them. Wyches have both (as well as other cult-units), Wracks have access to support drugs only (as well as other coven-units), and an archon can purchase either.

Instead of a D6 you roll a D3 for the drugs.

Combat drugs:
1. +1S
2. +1 Attack
3. Reroll to wound

All of those already exist and should use the names they already had (I forget what they are called)

Support drugs:
1. +1I and three dice for run moves, picking the highest. If the model affected does not have fleet, it gains fleet and +1I instead.
2. +1WS (+1BS too?)
3. Start the game with an additional pain token

Here are the remaining three with one of them getting a slight buff (and a suggested buff for another).

Mainly the other one adds to the damage the unit can do (mathhammer-wise, I don't remember which will affect the most, but they should have some varying effects depending who they are against) and the other one adds something that give some other benefit that only makes them killy in case of the second one.

Thoughts?

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06 2014, 17:47

I rather dislike the idea. I for one like drugs the way they are as of right now, granted that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06 2014, 18:21

I can see us losing results on the drug table, not gaining them. If they're going down the streamlining route, it would make sense to drop it down to a D3 roll, maybe with 1-2 being +1 strength, 3-4 being +1 attack and 5-6 being +1 pain token (if Power from Pain is retained). They already went down the route of giving different units different drugs in the previous book, and I'd be surprised if they went back to that. Three results that are all useful and easy to implement and remember, as opposed to them having to come up with multiple results, some of which are either middling or useless, seems like an easier option.

Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2014, 17:48

Mr Believer wrote:
I can see us losing results on the drug table, not gaining them. If they're going down the streamlining route, it would make sense to drop it down to a D3 roll, maybe with 1-2 being +1 strength, 3-4 being +1 attack and 5-6 being +1 pain token (if Power from Pain is retained).

I actually like this idea.

Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11 2014, 00:07

I may be the only one but I think the Succubus should have the option to take a reaver jetbike as an upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11 2014, 00:40

Succubus and Archon -wink-
Back to top Go down
Larndorn
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14 2014, 21:18

Jetbike/Skyboard HQs,

a Better Crucible of Malediction for antipsyker(maybe as simple as keeping what we have but giving it to all haemonculi (or ancients only) baseline, or a rule or wargear that every time an opposing psyker suffers perils we either A) get a pain token to assign to whatever unit, or B) we gain a permanent bonus to deny dice

Castigators

Razorwing moved to FA

Full BS jinking

Nightshields (or another piece of vehicle wargear) to stop troops from being able to be flamed inside the transport

Talos and Cronos Buffs 3 T7 wounds and 3+ armor just doesn't last long any more, FNP+IWND would be appreciated and maybe a 4th wound

Being able to take any transport regardless of unit size (like marines can) and maybe bumping Venoms to a carrying capacity of 6

Assault from WWP and/or a way to "predeploy" WWPs (like the old Apoc stratagem where you can DS them before the game starts)

I probably can come up with more but if even one of these happens I will be happy
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15 2014, 14:51

Mandrakes need to be made useable.

Some possibilities:
Allow them to assault from reserves.
Make them count as having grenades for purposes of assaulting (some sort of 'emerge from the shadows' type rule).
Give the nightfiend some more options (maybe poison or rending).
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15 2014, 14:55

krayd wrote:

Some possibilities:
Make them count as having grenades for purposes of assaulting (some sort of 'emerge from the shadows' type rule).

They actually need to be capable of winning an assault before we start thinking about what else they might need. They are basically the same as an assault marine in terms of offense but without his speed or resilience. And nobody really thinks assault marines are a decent combat unit.

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15 2014, 15:09

Count Adhemar wrote:
krayd wrote:

Some possibilities:

They actually need to be capable of winning an assault before we start thinking about what else they might need. They are basically the same as an assault marine in terms of offense but without his speed or resilience. And nobody really thinks assault marines are a decent combat unit.

Well, if they were given all of the qualities that I listed, then they'd be a viable unit for tying up or taking out troublesome backline enemy units (like Devastators or Heavy Weapons Platforms) and they could also pack some punch as a Nightfiend delivery system (assuming that they had access to some decent weapon options).
Back to top Go down
ulijikaru
Hellion
ulijikaru

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15 2014, 20:06

Wolf Blackwood wrote:
Just an idea but how would people feel about having Wyches benefit from their 4+ dodge save in regards to overwatch shots?

As they are meant to be like quicksilver in melee, i can imagine those last few yards of a charge to involve a lot of flips, leaps and other gymnastic style moves that would make putting a bullet/las round/bolt into them a lot more difficult!

Cheers

I too have thought this was a necessary change to our wyches! Your description of why is a perfect. +1 Wolf Blackwood!
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15 2014, 20:32

They need to bring back the terrorfex/horrorfex grenade launchers... especially now that, as of 7th edition, pinned units are unable to fire overwatch.
Back to top Go down
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15 2014, 22:04

krayd wrote:
as of 7th edition, pinned units are unable to fire overwatch.

Can you verify where this is? I know that OW can't cause pinning, but i never read that a pinned unit can't fire OW.
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15 2014, 22:23

Dethdispenser wrote:
krayd wrote:

Can you verify where this is? I know that OW can't cause pinning, but i never read that a pinned unit can't fire OW.

Page 168 of BRB - if a unit fails a pinning test it must immediately go to ground

Page 38 of BRB - A unit that has gone to ground cannot shoot overwatch

There ya go fella Smile
Back to top Go down
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2014, 00:12

Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2014, 01:15

Dragontree wrote:
Dethdispenser wrote:
krayd wrote:

Page 168 of BRB - if a unit fails a pinning test it must immediately go to ground

Page 38 of BRB - A unit that has gone to ground cannot shoot overwatch

There ya go fella Smile

wait what Shocked

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2014, 01:47

krayd wrote:
They need to bring back the terrorfex/horrorfex grenade launchers... especially now that, as of 7th edition, pinned units are unable to fire overwatch.

I'd be all over these.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist   A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Dark Eldar Codex Wishlist
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next