THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log

Go down 
+25
red_head
Juza_esp
fisheyes
Squidmaster
hydranixx
SirTainly
Lord_Alino
Scrz
Archon Rievect
Uki_Uki_Cinnay
Breadhead
Sarcron
Tangentical
Azdrubael
The_Burning_Eye
Firdeth
malevolent_one
Mortarion
Angrypeasant
Ciirian
notts
Gobsmakked
speedfreek
GAR
Evil Space Elves
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Uki_Uki_Cinnay
Slave
Uki_Uki_Cinnay

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2019, 17:10

Holy moly, they are beautiful!
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/uki_uki_cinnay/?hl=de
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16 2019, 18:08

Thanks a lot! I am really glad to have finally reached this step in my army development. On to 1500 pts next Smile
Back to top Go down
Breadhead
Slave
Breadhead

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2019, 09:21

That's a great looking army.
Really makes me want to make some progress with mine!

What comes next?
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18 2019, 18:31

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Not sure yet. I am Thinking about more Scourges, more Warriors and a Wych Cult Patrol Detachment with a Succubus and 2 squads of Wyches in Raiders. I'd only have to buy one Raider and the Scourges for it, since I have quite a few models still lying around.
Another option would be 3 Ravagers and an Archon. Maybe some time. Right now I prefer the first option, since I don't want my Cult to just gather dust.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31 2019, 14:18

In order to not let this log die, here's a small update.

I'm currently priming the next Raider and assembled a squad of Wyches from stripped and old minis to boost the Cult- part of my army.

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img_1621
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img_1622

Also, I'll finally play my first 8th Ed- game on Saturday, really looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03 2019, 19:35

Played my first game with 8th ed rules today. Learned a lot- primarily that I need to focus more on details and objective-oriented manoeuvring and less on simple annihilation. I was 2 Warlocks away from tableing my opponent, but I lost 6:13 points. Still a really fun game, no doubt about it.

Here are a couple of snapshots:

Deployment:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img_2018 Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img-2014 Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img-2015

The battlefield after turn one:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img-2012 Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img-2011 Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img-2013

And after turn two:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img-2016

A close combat engagement resulting in 0 wounds. Nothing special, but it was funny at the time:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img-2017

Additionally, I managed to get some work done on the Raider. This image is actually not 100% representative of the current state, but I just don't feel like snapping a new one right now:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img_2017
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09 2019, 19:26

Another update:
I got some work done on the Raider as well as the squad which is going to use it, bought another Raider and got a bit of work done on that as well. Here are the pictures:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img_1623

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img_1626

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img_1629
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10 2019, 16:09

I am a bit surprised by my own productivity. I actually got a lot of work done on the newest Raider, here's what both look like right now:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img_1630

Edit: Got some more work done:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img_1631
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2019, 08:21

Looking good! THat is some fine work on those Raiders!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2019, 14:04

Thank you! I'm glad you like them.
I hope I'll be able to finish the Raiders until the end of the week. Maybe even manage to finally finish painting the remaining Wyches. All that needs to be done is a bit of highlighting and cleanup. They're about 75% done after all.

At this point, all I have to paint to finish the Raiders are the crews and a few details like the leather holding the skulls and knives which are attached to the hulls. Shouldn't take too long to finish.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15 2019, 18:19

Since I plan on giving my Succubus the Tryptich Whip, I spontaneously decided to magnetise the arms/ weapon options of hers:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img_1632
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img_1633
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17 2019, 12:29

Since I will finally be getting some Incubi soon, I painted the alternate head of my original Archon as the Klaivex' head:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Kopf210
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24 2019, 11:44

Still haven't finished the Raiders or Wyches, but I ordered a bunch of Ur-Ghuls and finished the first of the 2 I intend to use in my Archon's court:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Yr-ghu10
Back to top Go down
Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2019, 19:41

Cool army looking great.
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 13 2019, 09:39

This is great. You are really making the whole colored edge highlight on black look work.
I have always wanted to experiment with red and green as contrasting colors but I have been afraid that it would end up too Christmasy. But looking at this I see that I can stop worrying. Smile

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18 2019, 16:53

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. I've oftentimes wondered whether or not I should have gone with a dark green basecoat in order to make the green highlights seem less crass, but I really like the way my Kabal turned out, so I eventually decided to keep it that way.

I can only encourage experimentation. If you're unsure whether your idea is a good one or not, just put paint on a test mini and see how it translates to the actual model.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10 2019, 14:15

After what has been far too long, I have finally managed to pick up a brush again today. Painted the second Ur-Ghul of my Archon's court, thus completing said court:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img_1710
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04 2019, 18:18

I finally got around to finishing the first raider which is going to be transporting Wyches:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Barke10

Edit: I also finally put the finishing touches on the next squad of Wyches:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img_1810
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05 2019, 12:41

THe second Raider which was just standing on my table 95% finished for months is finally finished, too;

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Barke210
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14 2019, 21:42

A small, rather insignificant update: Since I still have a bunch of unused Wyches and Kabalite Warriors lying around, I decided to kitbash a Succubus (to get closer to having a full Cult Battalion) and an Archon (for an upcoming triple Ravager Spearhead):

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 Img_1811
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14 2019, 21:58

I haven't really played (or used this site much) since 2013, figured I'd get on here for inspiration for my new force (I've got a plan in mind, which i plan to keep frequently updated on here when i get around to it). Sad to see this place is so dead. Anyways, liking thee models. Massive fan of what you've accomplished so far.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 14 2019, 22:37

Thanks a lot! I'm glad you like them.

And I agree, it is sad to see that apparently the age of forums is over. I will still keep posting here, though. Hell, I just got back relatively recently myself, so I'm definitely not gong to stop so soon again.

I can't say that I remember your stuff, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the future.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21 2019, 09:25

I don't think I posted much here in terms of actual projects, I'm only 20 now, was 13 when I frequently used this forum. But yeah, I guess people are pretty much just using facebook/discord groups now, which I guess is fine, just frustrating cause you can't really keep a project log on either of those like you can on a forum.

Granted, with my project I'll be starting soon (Making a shopping list of many, many things to buy first before the models themselves), I'll be running a Discord Server entirely dedicated to just making an organized log of my custom lore, conversions, painted miniatures, and such... sort of like a project log?

Something that really sucks is seeing that there's pretty much nobody posting on this site's actual chatroom on the front page these days. Used to be conversations almost 24/7 back when i used this place. I also remember the Secret Santas we did on here.

Anyways, yeah, your stuff is great. I hope I'm able to assemble and paint my planned force even half as well as yours! And if you're interested in the invite link to the server on Discord i'll be using as my main 40k project link, here's an invite -- https://discord.gg/QksjXd2

Hope to see you there, and I think I may keep a loosely updated project log on here too.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21 2019, 22:18

I agree with your assessment, it's kinda sad to see the decline of forums in general over the past few years. Still, I don't see myself abandoning this log anytime soon. Even without tons of feedback, it's still motivating in a way. Facebook groups are fine, but as you said they lack the option of proper logs.

I'll definitely check out your discord once I have the time (which will probably be in early January). Thanks again for your kind words.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30 2019, 08:09

Always good to have fun with leftover bits, also glad to see someone else keeping up their log, and producing high quality work. I should be adding to mine in 2020 as I've pledged myself to get a big chunk of my Eldar (all types) done during the year.
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next