THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log

Go down 
+25
red_head
Juza_esp
fisheyes
Squidmaster
hydranixx
SirTainly
Lord_Alino
Scrz
Archon Rievect
Uki_Uki_Cinnay
Breadhead
Sarcron
Tangentical
Azdrubael
The_Burning_Eye
Firdeth
malevolent_one
Mortarion
Angrypeasant
Ciirian
notts
Gobsmakked
speedfreek
GAR
Evil Space Elves
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03 2021, 16:38

damn! i wish i was good as you at painting!
I've started to try my painting skills and well.....i've got a lot to learn lol!
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03 2021, 18:15

Thanks a lot! Given your reaction, I almost feel bad for it only being a hastily painted model. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03 2021, 18:29

lol don't feel bad at it, on the contrary, be proud! Smile
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07 2021, 22:09

Finished another 6 Wyches. I'll try to get some work done on the next two tomorrow.
Two separate images because there are a few hours between them, finished the first 4, then decided to continue work on the other two:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 Vier10
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 Zwei10
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09 2021, 18:02

Looking good!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09 2021, 19:30

Thanks. They're nothing particularly special, but I felt like posting them anyway. After all, they are part of my army^^

I have ordered a few PGL off ebay to build alternate Sybarites, since using them has made quite the impact in a few Vassal games lately.
I am also bidding on a Ravager, but the auction closes in 4.5 days, so anything is possible, really.

And on Saturday, I'll have my first game of 9th edition. Looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10 2021, 21:21

Painted another 2 Kabalites today. The Sybarite will get half a PGL mounted on his back when m yorder arrives.
Ignore the flat looking face, it's the bright light's fault.

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 Img_2038

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13 2021, 18:19

Just finished my first game of 9th, playing 2k against Iron Warriors.
While my army wasn't experimental and I just played what I actually have painted, my opponent did the same. He used mainly CSM squads, a squad of Havocs, some Obliterators, a Lord with jetpack, an Exalted Champion, a big blob of Cultists, a big squadron of Bikes and a Venomcrawler.
He had first turn and basically could only take a few pot shots at a few of my vehicles, since I actually managed to use the terrain rather well.
Even though I totally forgot to move my Wyches after disembarking them, I managed to hold my own quite well. Scramblers, Teleport Homers and Engage on all Fronts are pretty much perfect for such a mobile army. We played the mission Ransack, but neither of us razed any objectives.
He chose Domination, Thin their Lines and Grind them Down. But he killed only a few of my units and I managed to hold the majority of objectives for 2 of the 4 turns the game lasted.
I tabled him in turn 4 with a final score of 74 to 30 (it's vassal, so we didn't count the painted minis bonus. Otherwise it would have been 84 to 40).
Quite a fun game and I was surprised how willing I was to sacrifice some units in order to fulfill my objectives.
The new format of primary and secondary objectives is amazing, since there is always a cear goal, I have less trouble deciding how to set up my army in the deployment zone and there is never a dull moment in which one does not know what to do.

Here's a screenshot of the table after I wiped him off of it^^

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 Bild_210

PS: Morale can be devastating and the PGL are a great pick imho. Equipping 6 Sybarites with them as we speak^^
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17 2021, 16:14

Made good progress on the Succubus today. Painted the armour plating and the gold NMM. Not completely happy with how those two turned out, but I still like the look of the mini- albeit more so in real life than the pictures.

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 16135710
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17 2021, 22:46

I know I am double posting, but I finished the Succubus and wanted to share Wink

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 943bab10
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20 2021, 16:28

Just played my second game of 9th. Got tabled, still won with 63 to 60 victory points (We didn't count the 10 for painted models, of course):

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 Bild_211

I love how powerful playing the objectives has become. I Managed to stop him from scoring the primary objectives once and domination three times, as well as reducing his primary points to 5 for 2 rounds. Couldn't keep him from getting his engage on all fronts and since he shot me to bits he got his points for grind them down every round.
Very fun and interesting game. My Scourges did next to nothing. Not the biggest fan of them anymore, they basically failed me in 90% of my games thus far.
Reavers, however, have always been great. And I'll buy Mandrakes to replace the Scourges as soon as my order of Reavers has arrived and is painted.
In the meantime, the Scourges get their Haywire Blasters replaced with Blasters. HB and Heatlances have disappointed against armour.

Edit: Magnetised a few more weapon options. So once I'm done painting them, I'll have 4 Blasters, 4 Haywire Blasters, 4 Shredders and 4 Splinter Cannons for my Scourges. And I'll definitely give them 4 Heat Lances, too. Although they have been very disappointing against vehicles, they might just be perfect agains heavy infantry like Terminators (or Primaris for that matter).
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21 2021, 17:48

Small update: Finished magnetising and painting all the weapon options (except heat lances) for my Scourges:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 380f0510
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22 2021, 20:14

Someone is ready for the new Codex Wink

red_head likes this post

Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22 2021, 21:22

Well, getting there. Still waiting for my order of Reavers, still haven't got enough heatlances to deal with heavy infantry. Although Scourges in general have been insanely disappointing whenever I used them.
Oh well. Next up on my list: Mandrakes and Ravagers. I've used both quite a lot in recent Vassal games, as well as Reavers and all 3 units are just great.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23 2021, 17:28

Im guessing your using some incredibly small magnets in there? Like 1/32"? All I can find at my local Lee Valley (Canada) is the 1/8", which work fine for vehicles, but way too large for infantry.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24 2021, 11:29

Since I don't measure anything outside of playing warhammer in inches, I'll just give you the size in metric measurements, since I can't be asked to check the conversion in such cases.
The magnets are 2x1 mm. (2 mm diameter). 1" is equal to 2.54 cm or 25.4 mm btw Wink
If you search for neodyme magnets, you should be able to find some of that size online, at least. Also, the magnet baron is a good place to start, although they are located in the US, so I don't know how viable that would be.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24 2021, 12:42

Something that i really question since i started playing this game: why do the measures are calculated in imperial when the country of origin of the game (UK) uses the metric system....
I mean, for us Canadians living next to the Americans, we are used to use those 2 systems at the same time (personally i prefer the metric system), but for all the Europeans it must have been pretty confusing at the start.....no? because last i heard, the metric system is predominant in Europe. I may be wrong on this point tough....
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24 2021, 13:08

The metric system is the standard system of measurement in every country of the world except for the USA, Liberia and Myanmar. And the UK is a bit of a hybrid, using elements of both. After all, that's where it originated.

But we're getting a bit off topic here.

After the leaks of the Wyches, I decided to give 3 of the yet unfinished Waches Hydra Gauntlets, since I am pretty sure that I'll be using them in the future. Not much to show, yet, but I expect that they'll be finished in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24 2021, 14:26

Thanks for the info, indeed i forgot that the imperial system originates from the UK!
Now enough for that off-topic Wink

your weapons are insane man! i look at mine after that and i'm like.....man.....i miss a lot of details lol.
Continue your good job Smile
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24 2021, 20:51

Cool, 2mm = 1/16" (roughly).

Yup, imperial is British. But us in Canada are bilingual in more ways than just language Wink
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2021, 19:41

yup we Canadians are messed up. LOL

I think of room temperature in Celsius, but pool temperature and oven temperature in Fahrenheit
My height and weight I think of in feet an inches. If I'm measuring things with a tape measure, I kind of flip back and forth between CM and inches pretty freely.
Short distances I think of in feet (like you're standing 10 feet away from me). Likely because i naturally think of my own height as a reference point. Long distances are always in KM though.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 13:59

I'd appreciate if we could leave the topic of measuring systems behind us, now. It's gone on for far too many posts already.

Finished 2 Wyches with hydra guntlets today and put together an army for the new codex:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 16169310

I'm still waiting for my order of Reavers, which has already taken 40+ days thanks to Brexit and Covid.
So the army in these pictures is complete as soon as 3 more jetbikes and 7 Mandrakes have been added.
I'll use that as basis for further expansion and experimentation:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 Img_2039

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 16169312

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 16169311
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 18:54

I also finished painting my kitbashed Succubus with razorflails. Gotta love the insane A output with that one. Her arms are magnetised, so she'll also have other options.

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 16169510
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2021, 15:07

With the Tryptich Whip being as good as it is now, I finally painted my Succubus' alternate right arm to be able to field her as the beast she was always supposed to be:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 Bild_210
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2021, 16:41

Very nice! not sure if this was asked earlier in the thread, but I'm curious your recipe for the skin on your Drukhari. The purple tinge is very unique.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next