THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log

Go down 
+25
red_head
Juza_esp
fisheyes
Squidmaster
hydranixx
SirTainly
Lord_Alino
Scrz
Archon Rievect
Uki_Uki_Cinnay
Breadhead
Sarcron
Tangentical
Azdrubael
The_Burning_Eye
Firdeth
malevolent_one
Mortarion
Angrypeasant
Ciirian
notts
Gobsmakked
speedfreek
GAR
Evil Space Elves
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19 2020, 10:08

Thanks, I'm glad you like them. And yes, bits are meant to be used imo.
I'm personally working on my Black Templars revival, so a bit less in terms of Drukhari. We'll see what the year brings.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16 2020, 16:09

After a long time withjout any productive output, I have finally taken some time to review my army, make a few tweaks in anticipation of a game coming up in 2 weeks and changing the loadouts of a few minis. I've added blast pistols to some Sybarites and to my Hekatrix (Hekatrices?). I've also replaced the blaster in one 5 man Kabalite squad with a shredder. Here's an image of the models I revamped (excuse the poor quality, my phone was the only camera available. These models are also not really painted to a standard I usually aim to achieve, but that's another story):

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Whatsa13

I'll probably post the list I'm planning on running in the appropriate subforum.
Back to top Go down
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 11:56

As I said in other post, it's great to see how different can two armies be (yours and mine) using similar color schemes.
Good work and keep going. 👍👍
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 13:37

Thanks, I'm glad you like them.
I actually just started painting another 4 Wyches and a Succubus, which I chose to field in the next games and which allow me to field 2 Battalion Detachments in a 1500 pts game. I'll upload some pictures later on.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 15:55

Beautiful work @red_head. I am jealous, you will need to watch your back as you walk the alleys of Commoragh Wink

Did you magnetize the pistols/special weapons? Seems a waste to butcher models to replace the weapons. Especially considering how soon 9th will be here
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 17:15

Thanks, I'm glad you like them and I'll make sure to hire a few extra Incubi or Sslyth to watch my back Wink
I magnetised a lot in my army. The blast pistols on the Sybarites and Hekatrix brides, the weapons and sails on the Raiders and the weapons on the Venoms... Just makes modification of army composition that much easier.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17 2020, 20:22

Alright, calling it a day in terms of painting. About 2/3 of the way done with the second Succubus and the Wyches. Again, excuse the poor image quality.
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Img_2019
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18 2020, 14:54

And another update: Finished the Wyhces and Succubus. Thus, my army for the game on Saturday is complete.

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Img_2020

Edit: Here's an overview of the entire 1500 pts army I'll field:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Img_2021
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23 2020, 14:19

So I played Custodes on Saturday. It was a fun game, although my dice rolls were beyond abysmal. The first two rounds saw 2 Custodian Guards die. That was it. All my firepower felt like hot air, nothing did any damage. The Wyches however tore Trajann, a squad of Custodians and the Jetbike apart (although he only kept the jetbike in combat for fun, since it was a battle of our warlords. His warlord killed mine and the Wyches subsequently killed him. The combat lasted 2 turns, though^^
My gamble with the +1T Wyches and Hyperstimm backlash & Webway portal did not pay off, as he used a stratagem that reduced my charge distance by D6. He rolled a 1,CP  re-rolled and rolled a 6. Hence, my Wyches were shot to bits and useless for the remainder of the game.
My mobility was a great advantage, but I did not place the objectives well and thus made it more difficult for me than it had to be. Well, it was a fun game and a learning opportunity anyway. And with  my 15 VP to his 19, the game didn't go that badly overall.

Anyway, I'll be playing my Drukhari again next Saturday, this time just 750 pts. I'll team up with 750 pts of Harlequins and we'll play against 750 pts of Sisters of Battle and either another SoB- army or Imperial Guard.
Since I like the idea of fielding them, I'll actually be playing 5 Trueborn with 2 Splinter Cannons in a Venom to surprise my opponents with a bit of anti- infantry- goodness. I don't expect them to live long, but I want to play them nonetheless^^
I also painted up the cheap stock- Archon and managed to get my army to exactly 750 pts. Here's the army:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Img_2023

I'm very glad to finally have the opportunity to play again and I really love the way the army plays. Looking forward to Saturday.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29 2020, 18:15

Since the pandemic doesn't really allow for any actual games outside of online alternatives, I decided to do something a little different. I stumbled across this artwork on deviantart again and decided to kitbash my own version of Drazhar with a helmet inspired by Arhra, the fallen Phoenix Lord. I know it is debatable if he truly is Arhra, but I like the idea.
So I cut and filed a mask off a Scourge's head, carved and cut a Dire Avenger's helmet until it fit, filled the holes with plastic putty, sculpted some "hair" onto the crest and am currently waiting for the whole thing to dry. I made some Demi Klaives from spare energy swords and put a bunch of bits onto a Kabalite's body. This is the current state of affairs:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Drazha10

And this is the artwork I used as inspiration (alongside the old Drazhar model, Incubi heads and Striking Scorpions):
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Dark_e10

Edit: assembled and primed the whole mini.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03 2020, 20:11

I went ahead and bought the new Incubi, changed "Drazhar"s helmet (although I am still not happy with it. Might just tweak it a bit more) and spent the last 2.5 days painting the Incubi's armour. This is what they look like now:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Opera_10

Next up is the purple cloth.

This is Drazhar in his current state:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Opera_11

Again, excuse the poor image quality.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2020, 17:43

A bit of progress on the Incubi:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Img_2029
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon May 18 2020, 05:43

red_head wrote:
A bit of progress on the Incubi:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Img_2029

These guys look outstanding!

The colours on their blades really add so much character to their uniform green armoured-look.

Did you use an airbrush, or wet-blend them, or something else entirely?

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11 2020, 14:19

Quote :
These guys look outstanding!

The colours on their blades really add so much character to their uniform green armoured-look.

Did you use an airbrush, or wet-blend them, or something else entirely?

Thanks a bunch! I'm sorry for not replying for so long, I fell off the bandwagon again shortly after posting.
I really like the contrast the blades provide, too. I blended the colours using glazing. Wet blending really isn't my strong suit and I don't own an airbrush.

I made a bit more progress in the meantime:

I bought and painted a Venom and made two Wyches out of bits (one with Shardnet and Impaler):
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 16024210

I finished the blades of the Incubi, although general progress is slow:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 16024211

I kitbashed a Haemonculus, even though I'll probably never field him:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 16024212

Finally, I built yet another Archon- this one is based on the body of a Dire Avenger:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 16024213Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 16024214

I also converted and painted two crewmembers of one of my Raiders to turn them into Wyches, since I want the crews of my vehicles to represent the troops they transport into battle.

I've also ordered a second squad of Scourges. The Haywire Blaster in that kit will be the fourth in use in the first squad, whereas the second one will be equipped with either Shredders or Splinter Cannons, depending on the matchup.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13 2020, 14:02

Small update: The Incubi are finally finished:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Whatsa16
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13 2020, 17:43

i really love the green of your amors, i did not read the entirety of the topic, so sorry if you already told it, but can you tell me the mix of color you used to obtain this particular green?
thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13 2020, 22:45

Thanks, glad you like it

If you mean the green of the bulk of the force, it's just this:
Black main colour, edge highlights with Caliban Green, followed by Snot Green and Goblin Green. Not sure what the current equivalents are, but if you want the exact same colours, just buy the equivalents from The Army Painted. They are 100% identical.

The Incubi were painted with a colour I achieved through experimentation:

Base colour:

3:14:2 (Vallejo Game Color) Jade : (Citadel) Caliban Green: black

Main colour:

1:10:0,5 Jade: Caliban Green: black

Highlight 1:

1:5 Jade: Caliban Green

Highlight 2:

2:5 Jade: Caliban Green

Highlight 3:

1:1:3 Jade: Caliban Green: Goblin Green

I hope this helps.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2020, 03:57

could not be clearer and helpful Wink
a big thanks for your time! Smile

red_head likes this post

Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14 2020, 20:15

And yet another update:
My Scourges came in the mail today. Built and magnetised them and started painting:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 16027010
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18 2020, 14:30

Here we go again:
I finished the Scourges:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 16030210

And here's an overview over all the flying units in my army. Soon to be joined by another Venom and Reavers, once I order the start collecting box:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Img_2031
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2020, 18:29

I'm currently re-working my Drazhar kitbash. The arms, base, a piece of armour and parts of the helmet are the only things that remain from the former one. Of course, the helmet needs some work with GS. I'm also not sure yet, whether or not I should give him the "dreadlocks" of a Striking Scorpion, Arhra being a possible identity of his.

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 16031210 Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Img_2032
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2020, 13:57

man! i LOVE your color patterns for you models!
Your Scourges are sick! I mean, the mix of color makes everything pop out perfectly!
Without copying you, you really inspire me a lot for my color schemes!
I still haven't started painting my army, so i might take some ideas from your projects Wink

red_head likes this post

Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2020, 16:19

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you like them so much. And feel free to copy, if you like. Very Happy

Edit:

Some progress on my Drazhar:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Whatsa17

And I magnetised my Hekatrix ladies, since power weapons are actually viable now (at least against T4):
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Img_2033
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22 2020, 22:48

I started painting some Kabalites with special weapons and Sybarites with Blast pistols just in case I need them for some lists:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Whatsa18

I also modified Drazhar's helmet further and added some stripes to break up the "monotony" of his armour. I chose the paints I used on the Incubi blades and will use on his to make sure it doesn't get too busy in terms of different colours.
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 Img_2034
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2020, 13:05

Is that an old Striking Scorpion helmet?

I like that a lot. IIRC he was once the Pheonix Lord of the Striking Scorpions? Of course I could just be stimmed up on Hypex and hallucinating Razz

red_head likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next