THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log

Go down 
+25
red_head
Juza_esp
fisheyes
Squidmaster
hydranixx
SirTainly
Lord_Alino
Scrz
Archon Rievect
Uki_Uki_Cinnay
Breadhead
Sarcron
Tangentical
Azdrubael
The_Burning_Eye
Firdeth
malevolent_one
Mortarion
Angrypeasant
Ciirian
notts
Gobsmakked
speedfreek
GAR
Evil Space Elves
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2021, 18:13

Thanks!
I don't think it has been asked before. I basically just tried mixing some paints and stumbled across something I liked more than my previous versions and that's easy to reproduce:

I start with a mixture of VMC brown rose (70.803) and VMC grey blue (70.943), to which I add more brown rose and later VMC sky grey (70.989) in subsequent layers.

Nothing too fancy, but I like the hue.

If you meant the skin loincloths, that's just a matter of mixing some random purple with skintones and layering it up^^

Silverglade likes this post

Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 21:31

While I have been waiting for my order of Reavers for about 1.5 months now, my order of Mandrakes has arrived rather quickly and I have started and finished the first model today:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 16177410

The blade took a lot of approaches for me to be happy with it and the "indentations" in the skin are a pain in the rear, especially since they aren't as pronounced as I'd like them to be.
Still, I like the result and look forward to painting the next 4^^
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:43

Aaaand another one done:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 16178010
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:47

Like them! The pink skirts look amazing. What paints did you use?

red_head likes this post

Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07 2021, 14:50

Thanks a lot! They're mainly purples, browns and skintone paints. Mixed them differently for the two minis, since I wanted to go for different skintones. I'll try to mix it up a bit from mini to mini.

The main paint is VMC brown rose, mixed with whatever I felt like. A dark purple, some flesh wash, some chocolate brown, some lighter skintone. Just whatever I felt like, really.
Back to top Go down
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 11:35

Mandrakes look great,.
Only if they were not made in faincast...
Anyhow, this army is growing nicely so qeep going👌👌
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 12:03

Yeah, the Finecast issues are really prominent here. I've had no issues with my Lelith, my Emperor's Champion or my Archon, but these can be annoying. I have my eye on an auction of 5 metal ones to complete the squad.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 23:35

Four down, one to go. And then I'll have to see if I can get another box anywhere. Damn Brexit...

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 16180010
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2021, 19:26

I just played my first (simulated) gme with the new Codex. Went against Eldar, my opponent's army consisted mainly of Dire Avengers, Wraith Guards, 2 Wraith Lords and Warwalkers.
I played 3 patrols, 2 Kabal, 1 Cult.
The re-rolls Black Heart offers have been really useful. I've "had to" use 2 squads of Scourges, since I don't own a Ravager yet. While those with Blasters which I deepstruck whiffed (as Scourges always do when I use them), the Mandrakes were great for secondary objectives, the Incubi and Archon were an amazing counterpunch unit and the Wyches are so good now.
But the star of the show was the Succubus. Precision blows, Triptych whip, Adrenalight. Absolute beast. Killed 4 Wraithguard and 2 Wraith Lords over the course of the game. Absolute unit.

Can't wait to play in real life again...
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11 2021, 13:49

Finished the fifth Mandrake:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 Img_2040
Back to top Go down
steamius
Hellion
steamius

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12 2021, 09:44

Gorgeous mandrakes

red_head likes this post

Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16 2021, 21:43

Got another 5 Mandrakes:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 Img_2041

...and painted the first one of them:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 Bild_212
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18 2021, 19:29

Yet another Mandrake finished:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 Img_2042
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19 2021, 15:32

Aaaand the full squad is done:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 Mandra10
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 28 2021, 21:15

After 3 months of waiting, my second box of Reavers has finally arrived:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 16222310
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat May 29 2021, 21:09

I had my first irl game of 9th today. Couldn't bring my 6 man reaver squad, since the second box only arrived yesterday. 3 months after I ordered it and a few hours after I finished painting 3 wyches to complete my alternative list.

Anyway, here are a few impressions:

My opponent's army:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 Ba_arm10

My army:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 De_arm10

The pre-game set-up:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 Pregam10
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 Pregam11
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 Mandra11

His Sanguinary Guard moments before destroying my Raider:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 Sang_g10

His Scout Bikers moments before failing to destroy another Raider. The Raider flew away shortly after and my Incubi and Drazhar swept in to counter-punch:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 Scouts10

The table at the end of turn 2- my opponent conceded at that point:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 End_tu10
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 End_tu11

To be fair, the game wasn't really fair from the start. He only plays Firstborn, no Primaris (we both strongly dislike Primaris^^), he had only ever played one game in 9th, which was last year nad he barely knew the BA codex. So not the best conditions for a fair game. And my turn two was absolutely brutal. Sure, I had already killed his attack bikes, Baal Predator and Land Speeder turn one, but when he came closer and attacked my units in CC in turn 2, my counter with 2 swuads of wyches, the Succubus, the Incubi and Drazhar was more than brutal. In one turn I took out most of his scoring and damage dealing potential- or what had been left at that point- and there basically was no way for him to recover from that.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 21:03

Did some conversion/ kitbashing work on the arena champion, this is a WiP of his bike:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 16224910
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 21:30

damn your army is a delight to watch! your color scheme is so nice!
The picture with your whole army is just insane!
Also really love the kitbash for the arena champion! so simple yet so good to see!

Congrats again and congrats for your game Smile

red_head likes this post

Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01 2021, 12:13

Thanks, it means a lot! It felt great to field it.
I would have liked to field my Reavers, but since the second box only arrived one day before the game, there was no way I was going to get them all painted up in time. Next time, then.

I saw the kitbash/ conversion in a post on Reddit a while ago and decided to adapt the idea.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03 2021, 22:56

Finished the arena champion:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 16227511
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04 2021, 16:12

Tiny update: Started working on the second (/fifth) jetbike:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 16228110
Back to top Go down
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04 2021, 17:10

Wow, it seems you've been busy while I wasn't here...

It's great to see how this army grows and I didn't realize how many minis have you painted until I saw the pics of your game vs the blood angels.

Good job 👍👍

I wonder if I should paint some mandrakes too... 🤔🤔

red_head likes this post

Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04 2021, 20:09

Haha, yeah, 2020 and 2021 have been productive years in terms of painting^^
And the minis I used weren't even all the minis I have finished. What I left at home were:

- 1 Raider
- 1 Venom
- 3 Sslyth
- 3 Ur-Ghuls
- 17 Kabalite Warriors
- 2 Succubi
- 1 Archon
- 3 Reavers

So... I managed to paint up quite the collection by now^^

I love the Mandrakes, but Finecast can both be of high and of terrible quality. With the first 5 Mandrakes, I had to guess where about half of the grooves in their skin were, because the detail was terrible. And everything had to be bent with hot water.
The second batch was really good, but I managed to snap off one blade, which I could thankfully pin and glue.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05 2021, 18:08

Finished the next Reaver- just one more to go:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 16229110
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9