THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log

Go down 
+25
red_head
Juza_esp
fisheyes
Squidmaster
hydranixx
SirTainly
Lord_Alino
Scrz
Archon Rievect
Uki_Uki_Cinnay
Breadhead
Sarcron
Tangentical
Azdrubael
The_Burning_Eye
Firdeth
malevolent_one
Mortarion
Angrypeasant
Ciirian
notts
Gobsmakked
speedfreek
GAR
Evil Space Elves
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2020, 15:57

fisheyes wrote:
Is that an old Striking Scorpion helmet?

I like that a lot. IIRC he was once the Pheonix Lord of the Striking Scorpions? Of course I could just be stimmed up on Hypex and hallucinating Razz

It's actually a kitbash using a Scourge head, the plume of a Dire Avenger's helmet, some other bit I don't remember and some putty/ varnish to smooth it out.
However, Arhra was the inspiration for it, yes.

I've finished the 5 Kabalites:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 16034610
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28 2020, 16:22

After a few weeks of letting my RSI heal again and waiting for my shipment, my Start Collecting box finally arrived a few days ago.

I spent the majority of today magentising a few minis, but I have also gotten some painting done:

The first mini I finished was a Reaver:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 16065812
And just because I like the display and the saddle, here's another shot of the bike without its rider:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 16064910

I also made good progress on the Venom:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 16065811

And finally, I painted the skin of the Hekatrix (the bit on the back counts as a Phantasm Grenade Launcher. I don't have enough of those, so I improvised):
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 16065810
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01 2020, 17:42

Made some good progress on the next Reaver jetbikes today:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 16068410

Grimoire likes this post

Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02 2020, 16:39

Started painting my Succubus:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 16069210

I'm pretty sure I'll regret the decision to go for NMM^^
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03 2020, 11:50

Thats some lovely work on the blades.

red_head likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05 2020, 20:22

Thanks! I'm glad you like it.

Current status:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 16071911
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09 2020, 17:31

Its unfair how beautiful those Reavers are.

red_head likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09 2020, 18:18

fisheyes wrote:
Its unfair how beautiful those Reavers are.

lol i was thinking the same.....damn your mix of color is amazing for those Reavers! really inspiring Smile
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10 2020, 10:10

Thanks, you two! Glad you like them Smile
My motivation has a lot of lows lately, so I have not finished any of the minis in the previous posts yet, but I have managed to apply the red, skintone, black and silver basecoats to the remaining Wyches and even some bronze to a few of them. Which is better than nothing, at least^^
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10 2020, 13:39

heheheh bah the morale around the world is far from being at its best lately Wink
No shame there to have a downgrade in the motivation, especially if you can't play games......don't know for you, but my motivation is always at its best after a game!
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10 2020, 16:34

I have played so few games in the last few years, it wouldn't have made much of a difference anyway Very Happy Sad
Well, my motivation was quite high recently. I painted a lot for my Black Templars, but right now it is stagnating a bit. But if I manage to paint for an hour or two per week, that's better than nothing and I'm still getting closer to finished models. And since there's no pressure to get things done for a game, I don't have to get stressed out over it and can just take my time.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24 2021, 17:06

I just played a game of 8th in vassal (not sure if anyone remembers that prgram^^)
Played against Custodes, 1500 pts. Battalion Kabal and Patrol Cult. Not really a strong, competitive list but I didn't want to play just Cult (not skilled enough), but still wanted to test the Reavers. And I LOVE the reavers. I lost, but as I said, it was kind of meant as a test. And it was still fun, so... win win, despite the loss?^^
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25 2021, 12:35

Haha, I do recall vassal. Most people have pivoted to Tabletop Simulator (its great and totally worth the $20-30).

Why 8th instead of 9th? IMO 9th is the best edition yet (just missing the Gangbusters secondary for ITC)
Back to top Go down
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25 2021, 12:59

I also think the 9th edition is way batter than the 8th but, even if I only played three games in this edition, I fell that we, as drukhari players, can't kill enough of almost anything and that we died by anyone in the battlefield.
It's weird that your only true way of playing drukhari is choosing coven units but I hope the new codex bring us some light to the kabal and the cult.
Anyhow, keep painting and posting your minis, you are doing a great work with them.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26 2021, 15:48

fisheyes wrote:
Haha, I do recall vassal. Most people have pivoted to Tabletop Simulator (its great and totally worth the $20-30).

Why 8th instead of 9th? IMO 9th is the best edition yet (just missing the Gangbusters secondary for ITC)

True, but not everyone has that program- me included. But I might just buy it at some point.

Juza_esp wrote:
I also think the 9th edition is way batter than the 8th but, even if I only played three games in this edition, I fell that we, as drukhari players, can't kill enough of almost anything and that we died by anyone in the battlefield.
It's weird that your only true way of playing drukhari is choosing coven units but I hope the new codex bring us some light to the kabal and the cult.
Anyhow, keep painting and posting your minis, you are doing a great work with them.

We played 8th because neither of us has even read the rules for 9th. I'll have to do that at some pouint, but right now we just play 8th.

And I don't care what's considered the "only true way". I'll always choose the units I like the most in terms of fluff, minis and playstyle. And I don't like coven whatsoever. Cool in the lore, cool minis, but not at all appealing to me in terms of playstyle.
I'd rather lose than play in a way that isn't fun to me.
Back to top Go down
Juza_esp
Hellion
Juza_esp

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26 2021, 16:31

With true way I mean competitive way, coven shoots better than kabal, fights better that cult and its harder to kill than the other two...

P. D I don't have any coven minis yet. I'm too busy with the kabal and cult subfactions.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26 2021, 22:20

I knew what you meant, don't worry Wink

Just had another game of 8th (I've now played as many games in 8th via Vassal as I have in real life. -.-), this time against Imperial Fists. It was close until the 4th turn when I managed to score some important objectives and did some significant damage with Incubi, Drazhar and Ravagers. All amazing units. All things I need to buy some day. Can't believe I still don't own a single Ravager...
I'll try to paint a bit on my Drazhar tomorrow, so he can finally get a bit closer to being finished.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2021, 17:04

Finally finished the first 3 Reavers. Need to buy another 9 of them some day Very Happy

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 Acphdq10

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 P2ty2j10

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2021, 17:13

if they are to be as amazing as those 3, indeed go buy some more!!!!
I know i already told you but your color scheme is fantastic!
I would never have dared to mix green with orange (especially for a ''dark'' army like ours), but the result is so amazing i'll probably pick a few of your tricks Wink
Continue your good job! can't wait to see a picture of an entire detachment on a war table!

red_head likes this post

Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28 2021, 21:47

Thanks a lot! I've originally been inspired by the GW Black Heart scheme and just adjusted the colours here and there. There are days when I wish I had chosen a different colour scheme, but I really like this one, too.

And seeing the entire army on a nicely built table would be nice, indeed.

I actually finished Drazhar today. He isn't painted to the same standard as the Incubi, but I simply wasn't patient enough to do it more cleanly and I wanted him to join his brethren on the shelf and finally leave the painting desk. So here he is:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 16118711

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 16118710

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29 2021, 13:00

wow! simply wow!
the picture with the entire unit and Drazhar is insane!
And if what you say is true, that your Drazhar was ''rushed''.....man i'm jealous of your skills lol Wink

red_head likes this post

Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31 2021, 13:21

Thank you so much!
It's not like I rushed him, but I didn't paint him as carefully as the Incubi.
I do really like the picture of him alongside his Incubi as well. I think they look great and am proud of them Smile
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31 2021, 18:10

I know this is a double posting, but it is for an update's sake, so I hope it's okay.

Finished my army's fourth Venom about an hour ago:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 16121110
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01 2021, 20:58

Beauty
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03 2021, 16:31

Although I spent about an hour painting a few Wyches yesterday, I needed a palate cleanser today and just painted without thinking, not worrying about being too precise or anything. Just trying something and painting with my brain switched off.
So I painted this in about 45 minutes:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 16123610
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next