THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log

Go down 
+25
red_head
Juza_esp
fisheyes
Squidmaster
hydranixx
SirTainly
Lord_Alino
Scrz
Archon Rievect
Uki_Uki_Cinnay
Breadhead
Sarcron
Tangentical
Azdrubael
The_Burning_Eye
Firdeth
malevolent_one
Mortarion
Angrypeasant
Ciirian
notts
Gobsmakked
speedfreek
GAR
Evil Space Elves
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25 2012, 15:32

Since the Wych- squad is not fully assembled yet, the pictures of Sliscus will have to do just now.

Here's what he currently looks like:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Dscn0612

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Dscn0610

edit: Sorry for the bad pics, but I just didn't have the motivation to do a lot of lighting and editing.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 25 2012, 15:57

YES!! I'm stealing the blast pistol gun blade idea for my Duke. Nice Twisted Evil

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Mortarion
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01 2012, 19:03

That's a cool looking duke!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01 2012, 20:56

Cool dynamics, and yeah, that blast pistol idea is very lootable!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10 2012, 21:50

It*s been a while, but even though I don't find myself being motivated enough to work on my army a lot, I still manage to paint some miniatures then and there.

Some days ago, I bought my first set of Wyches, which now ot their own Raider as well.

I didn't really paint any of the Wyches- except some basecoating and one PiP- Wyche with Shardnet& Impaler.
Today, I started painting the Raider, though.

Here are two pictures of the Raider and the Wyche:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Rscn0610

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Rscn0611

C&C are most welcome.
Back to top Go down
malevolent_one
Slave
malevolent_one

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10 2012, 23:31

Amazing job on Sliscus!
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10 2012, 23:55

Thank you all, I hope I'll manage to finish him some time soon.
I'll keep you up to date ;-)
Back to top Go down
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11 2012, 09:11

Never been a fan of using green but now this is the third DE army I have seen which pulls it off. And yes the Blast pistol looks ace! Really cool to see people's different Dukes.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24 2012, 18:26

Alright fellas, I really lost any motivation there was for some days, but I finally finished painting the shardnet- Wyche and painted the sail of my Raider- I didn't want it to be too boring, so I added some pattern and the Kabal's symbol- symbolizing that the Raider actually is property of the Kabal, not the Cult.

Here's the Wych:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Rscn0612

And this is the PiP- Raider:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Dscn0616

C&C are- as always- welcome.

edit: Here's the Hekatrix in a PiP- state:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Dscn0617
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 18:15

And the Hekatrix is finished. Here's a picture of her w/ the shardnet- wielding guy:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Rscn0613

And on her own:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Rscn0614

I think I'll have to do some more work on the Venomblade. I'm not quite happy about it yet.

C&C are welcome- as always.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25 2012, 23:09

Really? I thought the venom blade looked excellent, youre highlighting-fu is impressive

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26 2012, 14:24

I'm glad to hear that. I just think that the highlights are too green- ish. I'll just paint another layer to make them pure silver. The green shades will stay, don't worry.

I'm also about to paint some more models while showing my girlfriend the artistic part of the hobby. Let's see how much I'll get done today.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12 2012, 21:49

After quite sometime dominated by the lack of motivation to paint and/ or do anything connected to tabletop, I finally got my motivation back.
Today I painted a wyche and I'm about an hour of painting away from finishing my Lelith-based Succubus.
I hipe I'll manage to keep up my motivation this time. It's about time I finally get to field my DE.
I'll post some images when the Succubus is finished.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2012, 19:11

Even though my computer refused to work, I finally got to upload the picturesof the latest models on my girlfriend's pc.
So here they are:

Succubus and the four finished Wyches- unfortunately one doesn't see the highlights on the red parts due to the flash:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Rscn0710

The Succubus by herself:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Rscn0711

And the next Wych, which is still PiP:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Rscn0712

C&C are welcome (as always).
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2012, 23:01

When you are doing highlights on edges of anything - do them with side of the brush and with thin enough brush - that way they will be very thin and natural looking.

Lelith wants more layers on skin, not enought contrast, work the babe a bit.

That can also go to Leather Pants of Wyches. Quick solution for them can be thinned down Gloss Varnish.
One or 2 Layers to show color differention and after that Gloss Varnish.

Those will be very beatifull Wyches afterwards.

red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13 2012, 23:30

I actually paint the first layer of highlights thicker than the rest, to give the whole armor plating a green- ish look.

When finishing Lelith, I softened the contrast a bit, because it was too strong. I guess tha flash really doesn't compliment the paintjob- that's why the red parts look so flat.

Also, I don't likegloss varnish at all, it just doesn't seem right to me.

But nonetheless, thank you for your criticism. I will try to take better pictures in the sunlight, so I won's be forced to use a lamp and flash.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14 2012, 03:23

Good to see you back at it again Red Head! I agree that the lighting is probably washing out a lot of the contrast. Looking forward to seeing them in better lighting.
ESE

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17 2012, 20:59

Alright, I finished the Wyche shown above but forgot to take pictures of it.
Anyways, I took a picture of the latest finished Wyche and the re- painted Aethersail of the Wyches' Raider:

Wyche:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Rscn0713

Sail:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Rscn0715

I hope I'll manage to finally finsh painting the last three Wyches and the Raider w/ its crew before the end of next week, since I am planning to field them in two weeks.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26 2012, 22:30

Here's yet another update.
First off, a group shot of my 500 pts- army Wyche- unit including their pain token counter- thingy:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Rscn0713

Second of all, a picture of the first of the two Raider crew members:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Rscn0712

Let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02 2012, 17:25

Since I finally finished painting my 500pts army this week, I managed to play two games vs Imperial Guard today.
The first one was a massacre, I tabled my enemy and managed to get 11 vp, while he had 2. But since I tabled him, that doesn't really matter ;-)

The second game was a disaster. I rolled horribly and he did the opposite. I lost 2 of 3 transports turn two due to my bad shooting and after that I was pretty much stranded in the open.
I surrendered after turn three, since there was no way I could have won the game.

Even though it was only at 500 pts and we only played two games, I can now say that I definitely love the style of the Dark Eldar on the tabletop and I'm looking forward to playing larger games.

I will upload the photographs of the games, the finished 500pts army and the WiP/ PiP warrior squad I bought today as soon as I can.

edit: poisoned blades and haywire grenades are awesome.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10 2013, 22:55

I am sorry, but I really haven't had the time and the means to post any updates and/ or pictures.
I hope that I will be able to show you the 500 pts army soon.

Even though I haven't worked on anything 40k- related lately, I might actually continue painting my gunboat- warrior squad soon.

Stay tuned for updates, I promise they will come soon.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19 2013, 19:35

Ok, since the last few months have been quite a mess and tabletop was pretty much the last thing to care about, I'm finally back at it and hope that this time it's going to be for a longer period of time.

To bring you all up to speed, here's a bunch of images of my models- finished and WiP:

Archon:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Archon10 https://i.servimg.com/u/f71/16/99/19/39/archon10.jpg

Succubus:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Succub11 https://i.servimg.com/u/f71/16/99/19/39/succub11.jpg

Warriors squad 1:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Kriege10 https://i.servimg.com/u/f71/16/99/19/39/kriege10.jpg

Warriors squad 2:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Kriege11 https://i.servimg.com/u/f71/16/99/19/39/kriege11.jpg

Wyches:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Hagash10 https://i.servimg.com/u/f71/16/99/19/39/hagash10.jpg

Sliscus:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Sliscu10 Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Sliscu11 https://i.servimg.com/u/f71/16/99/19/39/sliscu10.jpg https://i.servimg.com/u/f71/16/99/19/39/sliscu11.jpg

Warrior squad 3:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Kriege12 https://i.servimg.com/u/f71/16/99/19/39/kriege12.jpg
and an update with almost 3 finished models:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Kriege13 https://i.servimg.com/u/f71/16/99/19/39/kriege13.jpg

A bunch of PiP- markers:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 Mz_wip10 https://i.servimg.com/u/f71/16/99/19/39/mz_wip10.jpg

Let's hope that this time around, I'll actually get to keep doing it and rl decides not to interfere Wink

Any thoughts are welcome.

Last edited by red_head on Sat Apr 20 2013, 08:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : direct links to the pictures have been added, in case the thumbnails don't work.)
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 01:15

Glad to see you back Red_Head, and I hope that you are enjoying the hobby again.

Your work looks excellent once again, but your pictures are too small to see any detail. And your painting is good enough that everyone will want to see it up close. Can you repost bigger ones, please?

Cheers.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 08:47

Uhm, you are aware of the fact, that those are thumbnails. right?
Or don't they work? On my PC, they do. But if there are any problems, I'll just add direct links to the full pictures to the previous post.
Back to top Go down
Tangentical
Hellion
Tangentical

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20 2013, 09:12

Small for browsing but I can see fine if I click on the images.

Nice stuff.

I actually like the way some colours are left without shading or contrast as it gives an other worldly feel, especially if surrounded by bits that have been shaded/blended.

Cheers

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next