THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log

Go down 
+25
red_head
Juza_esp
fisheyes
Squidmaster
hydranixx
SirTainly
Lord_Alino
Scrz
Archon Rievect
Uki_Uki_Cinnay
Breadhead
Sarcron
Tangentical
Azdrubael
The_Burning_Eye
Firdeth
malevolent_one
Mortarion
Angrypeasant
Ciirian
notts
Gobsmakked
speedfreek
GAR
Evil Space Elves
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 15:29

Hi everyone,
After Evil Spcae Elves convinced me in my introduction Thread to start a project log, I'll just do it, even though my new camera has yet to be delivered and I only got a few photos of my models and originally wanted to wait until I can take more photos before starting my log.

Nonetheless, here are the first pictures of some of my DE stuff:

This is the first squad of Warriors I got- although the Venom is already painted, I finished it after my camera decided it was best to stop working Wink

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log Scaled.php?server=7&filename=imag0448j

This model- which as you can see also is my avatar- is a Trueborn I painted 4 months ago for a painting competition in another, german, 40k forum:

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log Tbcollage

Those are actually all the pictures of painted DE I got right now, but I guess for starters, 2 of my currently 3 WiP- pain token- counters will do just fine as an addition to that Wink

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log Scaled.php?server=200&filename=imag0451q Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log Scaled.php?server=35&filename=imag0452g

I guess I'll also add some fluff later, but so far I have yet to translate it from German to English Wink

More to come as soon as I got my new camera and the time to take some more photos.

Last edited by red_head on Mon Oct 31 2011, 19:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 15:34

Didn't take too much convincing! Nice stuff so far. Post new stuff as you get it. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 15:40

Yeah, actually, I finally registered here to start that lob, I just didn't originally want to start it before having my new camera.

And don't worry, I will post new stuff as soon as possible.

Around the end of next week, I'll be posting pics of:

- a kitbashed, (finally) painted Succubus
- the shown Warrior- squad including the painted Venom
- the (hopefully completely painted) second squad of Warriors- we'll see if I started working on their Venom until then...
- a PiP scratchbuilt/ kitbashed Haemonculi

Last edited by red_head on Sun Oct 30 2011, 10:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 28 2011, 17:49

Nice stuff you have there.

Looking forward to more.
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 20:02

Thanks Gar!

And I got good news!
My cam arrived earlier than I expected, which means I'm gonna take some pictures tomorrow and you'll finally see more of my DE Wink
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 14:21

I hope it's ok to double- post after 2 days fpr updating a project log, if not, please don't hurt me pale

About the update- my pc didn't want to work the way I wanted him to yesterday, so I had to wait until I got back from work today to show you the promised pictures.

Here's the first finished squad of Warriors including their Venom:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log Scaled.php?server=705&filename=dscn0100m

And the first 3 Warriors of the next squad- which I'll hopefully finish painting soon:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log Scaled.php?server=835&filename=dscn0097sw

Here's the Succubus I kitbashed from the bitz found in the Venom kit- I'll give her the Hekatrix- head
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log Dscn0093u

And last but not least, the PiP kitbash/ scratchbuilt- Haemi:
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log Cwuyjjq3

Hope you like them, C&C are welcome Wink

Last edited by red_head on Mon Oct 31 2011, 18:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 15:12

It's always ok to double post in your own project log as long as you have something new to add, not just a BUMP.

And right now, your image links seem to be broken.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 15:41

speedfreek wrote:

Actually, I can see all the pictures perfectly- though I have to admit that I wasn't able to see the second image of the first post from another pc yesterday...

I guess I could just give you the links to the images, but I can't until I have been a member of the community for at least a week... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 17:29

red_head wrote:
speedfreek wrote:

Actually, I can see all the pictures perfectly- ...

Sorry red-head, but I can't see your pics either, and I used my evil powers to get the direct links for two of them out of your post and try them separately.

Nothing - "page could not be found".
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 18:11

Hm, that's strange.
I now edited the post so the images should be visible to you.
But be informed that imageshack seems to reduce the images' quality pretty drastically (but maybe that's just another phenomenon only occuring on my pc Razz), so I just uploaded one pic of the Succubus and none of the Haemi so far.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 18:14

I can see them. I like the green quite a bit, but I'm not a big fan of the skin color. its well done, but the dead/grey skin tone that is typical for DE just doesn't work for me.

Still, I do like the purple shade and tint on the loin cloth. Those look very nice with the rest of the model
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 18:21

Finally =)
And yes, I do realise not everyone likes the pale dead-ish look of DEs skin, but I do.
But glad you like the rest of 'em Wink
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 23:34

Now I can see everything but the Haemonculi...
Back to top Go down
notts
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 23:57

I really like your green highlighting. A lot more subtle and better executed than a lot of other green highlighting I've seen.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02 2011, 19:12

Thank you very much.
Actually, the highlighting is rather simple- it's DA Green-> Snot Green (love that paint's name =D) -> Goblin Green.
But thanks for your comments everyone.

And about the Haemi: I'll post another picture when I managed to slap some more paint on it Wink
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 20:02

Yesterday I walked past my local hobbystore and I couldn't resist going in...
10 Minutes later I came out with a brand new Archon in my hands Smile

Even though it's not what would have been my next unit to get closer to the planned first 500 pts, I just love the model and had to buy it^^

Even though the back spiky bit was missing, I kept him, for I wanted to do a slight conversion anyway.

So I cut a phantasm grenade launcher in 2 pieces, glued them to a banner from the Kabalite Warrior- box, glued/ GSed it onto the Archon's back, added some plasticard- armourplates to cover up the conversion.
As you can imagine, It didn't take long until I started painting this great model (I love the amount of details and didn't have much trouble because of any failcasts or so).

[Images deleted for being useless]

I know, the quality isn't the best, but it's dark outside and my lamp is far from being the best there is Wink

Last edited by red_head on Sun Nov 06 2011, 19:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 22:37

Uh oh. Are you teasing us with invisible pictures again? I'm curious to see this conversion. I purchased a large lot of new DE infantry on Ebay a while ago that included an Archon. Started putting the guy together last night and wasn't really happy with the PGL. Any chance of a repost?
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 18:00

Seriously? I even uploaded them via imageshack, let's see if I can do anything about it...

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log Dscn0110
Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log Dscn0111
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 18:58

The backpack on that Archon for his PGL looks great and really fits the Dark Eldar look. I think it looks pretty awesome.

...and your log reminds me I too need to make Pain Tokens. Thanks
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 19:01

Thank you very much sir Razz
And everyone needs pain token markers Wink
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 19:09

Do you have a larger picture of the Dark Eldar used as your avatar? He looks pretty badass in his positioning and would like a better look. Do Dark Eldar leaders commonly/often paint their helmets different color? I know Tau use white markings and such.
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 19:19

Actually I posted her in post No.1, but I guess you can't see that one.. damn, what's wrong with my images?
And she's a Trueborn and the white helmet was just an idea to give them more of a special look.

Here's the link to the image:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f49/16/99/19/39/tbcoll10.jpg
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 19:31

Maybe your Image Shack account should turn off its night shields? tongue Okay, that was bad.
Really like the PGL conversion. Tempted to steal it for my Archon. Very nice!
Back to top Go down
red_head
Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 19:40

Haha, I actually liked that one ESE (maybe because I do a lot of cheap jokes myself all the time Wink)

And thanks for the compliments, go ahead and steal whatever you like- as long as it's just my ideas and not my models themselves Wink

Last edited by red_head on Tue Nov 08 2011, 10:02; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 20:01

red_head wrote:
Haha, I actually liked that one SES (maybe because I do a lot of cheap jokes myself all the time Wink)

And thank's for the compliments, go ahead and steal whatever you like- as long as it's just my ideas and not my models themselves Wink

I don't have enough fuel in the old Venom to make it to Germany, so I'll have to settle for just stealing the idea for now. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log   Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the eternal Pain- my DE log
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next